[FT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 18) - 2 Malmo

1 minute ago, PoohBear said:

We were absolutely blessed with that CL qualifying route too. Really disappointing.

Malmö and Ludogorets and we’d have made the CL group stage. It’s a massive failure and a painful one. 

I had a conversation with a mate pre season  and said our defence was no where near good enough for the Cl and that i did not rate tav  goldson and barasic as highly as the manager.  I have been proven correct.  I fear they had their swan song last season and as for barasic,  hes bang average.   Problem is theyre first team picks.

23 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Never ever underestimate Scandinavian teams, they play summer football and those in the CL route are no mugs. 

Not underestimating them, but the fact is it would be hard to get an easier route to the champions league through qualifying stages.

I’m actually in a state of stunned shock at that 2nd half display , I thought we were excellent for the vast majority of the first half and absolutely abysmal 2 nd half , I have a feeling this just might be a rough old season .

We really need the midfield sorted out pronto .

The first half was good.  The team were up for the challenge and competed throughout.

The second half was pathetic.  To capitulate to 10 men like that is hard to believe.

Kent, Barišić and Tavernier were all particularly poor tonight.  If these players think that they can coast after winning a single trophy then they are sorely mistaken.

38 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

I had a conversation with a mate pre season  and said our defence was no where near good enough for the Cl and that i did not rate tav  goldson and barasic as highly as the manager.  I have been proven correct.  I fear they had their swan song last season and as for barasic,  hes bang average.   Problem is theyre first team picks.[sic]

I'm obviously pretty stoked for you and your supreme vindication.

Hopefully admin can pass a hat round for you.