[FT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 67) - 0 Alashkert

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm hoping Lundstram is just needing time. 

Wright had 6 months, in a league he's familiar with, to get to this stage. 

Even Hagi had a long-ish settling in period. 

I was always quite clear that Kamara was a good player, but there were a lot of criticism in his early period. 

I'm just worried about Lundstram's fitness. He has looked sluggish, not mobile and a bit lazy. It seems a longer term issue going by reports from Sheffield United. Not a signing I was excited about but I still believe he will do just fine if he can get himself fully fit.

I

22 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I'm just worried about Lundstram's fitness. He has looked sluggish, not mobile and a bit lazy. It seems a longer term issue going by reports from Sheffield United. Not a signing I was excited about but I still believe he will do just fine if he can get himself fully fit.

This is a massive season for the club given the prize at the end of the season and we have no time for passengers.   Lundstram shouldnt be anywhere near the first team given his performances so far .  Kent as well as has been shockingly poor as well which is a complete mystery given his form last season.     We need to start playing players on merit,   not by reputation. 

9 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Kent as well as has been shockingly poor as well which is a complete mystery given his form last

Kent has always had dips in form.  Some fans just seem to forget about them though.  He was awful for spells last season, so much so that I couldn't believe SG persisted with him.  

Lundstrum's form is a bit of a worry.  Possibly a Joey Barton/Shane Duffy thing going on (played in the EPL and probably think Scottish football will be a walk in the park).

Now is the time for leaders to stand up - SG, Tav, Goldson, Davis and Defoe, get it sorted.

8 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Iknow it is McLaughlin who is barred from Ibrox but wonder who gave in first to allow BBC to cover match????

I wouldn't have thought that the decision to broadcast has anything to do with Rangers. That is a decision for the Armenians surely? I would doubt they will be sending a team of PQ broadcasters / reporters on an 11 hour round trip (it's not ra Sellick after all!) More likely to have purchased the live feed and broadcast from the PQ cupboard. Then Big Dick et al can pray in privacy that we get pumped! ?

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Kent has always had dips in form.  Some fans just seem to forget about them though.  He was awful for spells last season, so much so that I couldn't believe SG persisted with him.  

He is a very hot and cold player. When he’s on form he is great, when he is not on form he is so poor. The opposition last night was really weak and he still couldn’t beat a man or create anything. It was a good chance to regain some confidence.

I’m hopeful that the competition from Wright will do him good this season though and I’m confident Gerrard will use that. He has already started to, last season he would very rarely sub Kent when he wasn’t at it but it’s been different this season. And I thought he hinted that Wright will start at the weekend in the press conference.