[FT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 67) - 0 Alashkert

The only thing preventing Hagi from being a true star, IMHO, is that he lacks a yard of pace.  Has everything else and, as said, is now much stronger.

If he had that yard of pace he wouldn't be at Rangers IMO.

Regarding Kent (or any other player who currently or occasionally is not running at his usual best), one can persist with him when there is no-one else. But we have people challenging for a starting slot these days. More often than not this season, he reminded me of a "better" version of Gregg Wylde, lots of speed, workrate, but somewhat predictable and quite erratic in his finishing or final pass. You look at that for a while (and we have done for 3 seasons now), then you use other players (which we rarely do). The club does not stand still and if we need more penetration up front, that`s that for Kent in this moment in time. Roofe, Sakala, Wright are options for Kent`s slot, and as I said before, there is no reason to stop playing Kent deeper and let him use his speed from there. Likewise, I would play Roofe - Morelos/Itten - Sakala/Wright as a top three and Hagi behind them. Then bring a new set of players later on. We`ve got the players, we only have to use them more regularly.

6 minutes ago, craig said:

The only thing preventing Hagi from being a true star, IMHO, is that he lacks a yard of pace.  Has everything else and, as said, is now much stronger.

His brain’s fast. Ian McMillan was no greyhound but I’ve never seen a better inside forward play for Rangers. (Attacking RM, should that be?)

4 hours ago, Ted McMinnime said:

I wouldn't have thought that the decision to broadcast has anything to do with Rangers. That is a decision for the Armenians surely? I would doubt they will be sending a team of PQ broadcasters / reporters on an 11 hour round trip (it's not ra Sellick after all!) More likely to have purchased the live feed and broadcast from the PQ cupboard. Then Big Dick et al can pray in privacy that we get pumped! ?

Yes when I posted I forgot somehow that it is in Armenia and not Ibrox.Rushed in too :whistle:quickly

4 hours ago, craig said:

The late Bobby Moore was one of the slowest but a yard ahead of everybody by his ability to read a game .

The great debate just now about what player is out of form etc etc , we as fans tend to go on game by game-basis when rating players , apart from that pair  of arseholes I had to sit beside last night who gave every player it right from the first whistle , where as managers and coaches tend to look at the bigger picture and how things tend to even themselves out over the course of a season .

we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes or in training, we either trust our management team or we don’t , some fans seem to have reached def con 12 already .

9 hours ago, rbr said:

The great debate just now about what player is out of form etc etc , we as fans tend to go on game by game-basis when rating players , apart from that pair  of arseholes I had to sit beside last night who gave every player it right from the first whistle , where as managers and coaches tend to look at the bigger picture and how things tend to even themselves out over the course of a season .

we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes or in training, we either trust our management team or we don’t , some fans seem to have reached def con 12 already .

Gerrard was more frustrated at the players who aren’t performing for him in his press conferences than anyone on here tbh, questioned their dedication at the moment and said something along the lines of he’ll be going with the in-form boys at the weekend, so it’s not that he isn’t seeing what we are or agreeing with it. Some people do go too far (the worst normally in the stadium itself), but equally some don’t seem to be able to handle fans validly criticising some individual performances. 

17 hours ago, craig said:

Missing a yard of pace never stopped really great players in the past and it's unlikely to hamper Iannis Hagi either.