• Alfredo Morelos
    • Scott Wright
    • Scott Arfield
    • Cedric Itten

23 hours ago, CammyF said:

In place of who? 

As an aside, Hagi has been immense tonight 

22 hours ago, Frankie said:

You think Kent is an under-achiever? Seriously?

Yes, he's had a bad start to the this season but he remains one of our best players and every single Rangers player, past and present, goes through bad periods.

It always surprises me just how negative some people can be.  Usually the same faces right enough but still, a surprise now and again.

11 hours ago, DMAA said:

I'm just worried about Lundstram's fitness. He has looked sluggish, not mobile and a bit lazy. It seems a longer term issue going by reports from Sheffield United. Not a signing I was excited about but I still believe he will do just fine if he can get himself fully fit.

11 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

watching it i thought they forced alkmar into errors. We will need to be very precise and brave against them but a press has always caused us problems. 

I expect an end to end game lets hope we can take advantage of that defense. 

I think where they will fall down is they clearly will go into the season very short of players and a few injuries or suspensions will see them in trouble. 

take 3 player out our team and we might even get better. take 3 out of theirs and they are in real bother. 

10 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Kent has always had dips in form.  Some fans just seem to forget about them though.  He was awful for spells last season, so much so that I couldn't believe SG persisted with him.  

Lundstrum's form is a bit of a worry.  Possibly a Joey Barton/Shane Duffy thing going on (played in the EPL and probably think Scottish football will be a walk in the park).

Now is the time for leaders to stand up - SG, Tav, Goldson, Davis and Defoe, get it sorted.

Yes kent has under achieved this season.  Hes been terrible but still got picked regardless.  There are players in our squad who would get dropped like a stone if they turned in such performances in 1 game .   Right now we dont have time  for passengers as winning the league is paramount this season.   We win the league this season and we could leave celtic in our wake.  They'll certainly leave us in theres if they beat us to it.  We have to win the league this season.  We dont have time to wait on players getting their form back.  Id much rather play players on their merit .   Wright is the prime example,  on form and showing the desire but struggles to get a start .  

10 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Yes kent has under achieved this season.  Hes been terrible but still got picked regardless.  There are players in our squad who would get dropped like a stone if they turned in such performances in 1 game .   Right now we dont have time  for passengers as winning the league is paramount this season.   We win the league this season and we could leave celtic in our wake.  They'll certainly leave us in theres if they beat us to it.  We have to win the league this season.  We dont have time to wait on players getting their form back.  Id much rather play players on their merit .   Wright is the prime example,  on form and showing the desire but struggles to get a start .  

And how far behind Celtic are we in the league? 

Kent will return to form at some point but if other players are playing better, they deserve a start.  It should be a meritocracy.  

I voted for Bassey btw.  Thought he was terrific for the full match.

As an aside, I loved the way Arfield flung their best player to the ground near the end.  We could do with more of that sort of attitude when things aren't going well.

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

As an aside, I loved the way Arfield flung their best player to the ground near the end.  We could do with more of that sort of attitude when things aren't going well.

Sorry gonzo but that attitude got us down to 10 men.

1 hour ago, onevision said:

Sorry gonzo but that attitude got us down to 10 men.

I get you but that's part of the reason I'm losing interest in football.

Souness, John Brown and Ian Ferguson wouldn't last five minutes nowadays.  Football was too vicious before I was born but it's far too soft nowadays.  Diving around like a fanny (cheating) is fine but grab someone by the scruff of the neck and you're off.  

Lundstram got sent off because of his dithering.  Don't lose the ball and there's no need to clip the lad from behind.