Rangers Confirm Positive Covid Tests

2 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Would our players not have been vaccinated in order to travel to the various countries we had on our euro run last season? I know there wasn't such a thing as vaccine passports per se, but I'd imagine at least one country would've insisted.... Maybe not.

Like many I suspect, kinda losing track of it all now, over the past 18 months.

you really couldn't jump the Que. But i would hope they were done in May when freely available. I suspect the government would have liked to get them all done but there would have been uproar, they wouldn't even do teachers early.  

18 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

i think tempers are flaring here because this has caused anxiety. We should all try to worry less probably. 

I'm cool as a cucumber. ?

We Are The People.

39 minutes ago, trueblue 64 said:

Seems he was right that we still have a relatively strong squad.

Here was me thinking that this thread was about our covid "outbreak" and not our strength of squad.  I must have missed something

37 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

https://www.lewissilkin.com/en/insights/coronavirus-vaccination-faqs-for-employers

the vaccine would need to be sourced illegally. whether that makes it illegal to supply it is a technicality you can lose sleep over. As i say not something rangers or indeed any employer should be doing. 

Oh and moderation on here used to be excellent. 

1.  What needs moderated in this thread ?

2.  If it is a snide dig at me I would much rather you stated the point without prevaricating around it.

25 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

i think tempers are flaring here because this has caused anxiety. We should all try to worry less probably. 

Must be me, but I don't see any tempers flaring on here, not at all.

And in all honesty I see this as an opportunity for us to truly kickstart our season, siege mentality if you will

6 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Whatever team is selected I am confident we will qualify, if we don't this covid situation has no bearing on the result, we have a strong enough squad to deal with this team.

Completely agree - same with the Tims game.  The only position where we truly are weakened will be keeper.  But if those in front of the keeper do their job as they did last season we still have little to worry about.

A back 4 of Patterson, Goldson, Balogun and Bassey/Barisic should be more than enough for them.  Pretty sure that our back 5 is still better than Hart, Ralston, Welsh, Starfelt and Taylor :)

5 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Takes the pressure of us i would say and adds it to our opposition. 

Yep, exactly.  They (Celtic) will be seen to be favorites now given our players missing, but in all honesty it really just shows our strength in depth when we are looking at :

McGregor & McLaughlin out - McCrorie in (played in Premiership for Livingston last season)

Tavernier out - Patterson in (some wanted Patterson brought in anyway)

Bassey (a month ago and literally NONE of us would have had him starting anyway)

Kent (some have wanted him dropped anyway and, to be fair, he hasn't sparkled so far this season.... but always seems to turn it on against them)

Wright -  Think he is a big miss, particularly with Kent also out.  However, we can still call upon Roofe and Sakala and also Defoe if needed

This really does show the remarkable job Ross Wilson, Gerrard and the backroom team have done in terms of our squad depth.  We could be without 5 starters and yet still will filed a very strong team.

But you are right, the pressure has now actually shifted from us to them.