Rangers Confirm Positive Covid Tests

3 hours ago, JohnMc said:

There's a bewilderingly high number of professional sports people who won't take the vaccine. It seems to be a mix of 'I'm young and supremely fit so it won't affect me' and exposure to 'positive mindset gurus' from who they've entirely bought into 'I can overcome everything by staying positive and focussed' which of course is great if you're trying to knock 0.5 of a second off your personal best or coming up against the best midfielder in the league but is dangerous if you're facing a highly infectious virus. 

Anyway, I've no idea who many, if any, Rangers players fall into those categories, but it wouldn't be a huge surprise if some of them did. 

Aside from the likely disruption to our team for two important matches this also has potential ramifications as the transfer window nears closing. I assume a player with Covid would fail a medical at another club if they were even allowed to travel for one. Likewise a Covid outbreak at Auchenhowie might make bringing in a player a challenge too. 

What a load of rubbish.

could be worse i suppose. 

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19536421.rangers-covid-latest-players-arrive-glasgow-airport-ahead-alashkert-trip/?fbclid=IwAR3Pp1o9nv1dhO_tJh-5hpJsy2Pv7ykHhFAmr0PvYa_3k6CvIcpTtUhSgBA

a lot of fans going to get there wish re patterson and kent. 

Rangers have arrived at Glasgow Airport ahead of their trip to Armenia to face off against Alashkert in the Europa League.

The Ibrox outfit have been hit with a Covid outbreak ahead of the Euro clash and they are set to be without some key players.

Manager Steven Gerrard has not travelled while skipper James Tavernier was also absent from this morning's flight.

Calvin Bassey, Scott Wright and Ryan Kent were also missing alongside first and second choice goalkeepers Allan McGregor and Jon McLaughlin.

Edited by the gunslinger

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

don't think there has ever been a way to buy your way up the list. May well have been enough time now to get it done. 

we will find out more soon i expect on this. 

That is patently untrue.  You may not hear about it but there is absolutely zero doubt that if you have the cash, you can buy the jab.  Zero doubt.

7 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Wishes re Patterson and Kent? One is a right back, the other a left winger?

Anyway, we should have enough players to take care of a side that barely overcame Connah's Quay, who had similar problems and went there with only 12 players.

yes patterson in and kent out.