[FT] Rangers 1 (Helander 66') - 0 Celtic

1 hour ago, Devil's advocaat said:

They're losing money on Edouard at £15M, and still buying reams of attacking players when a blind man running for a bus can see their defence is stinking. Keep it coming.

Edouard is going for 15mill with add-ons taking it to 18.5mill.  They have a 40% sell on due to PSG - which, I believe, is 40% of the fee, not the profit.  So they will be due paying PSG 7.4 mill (on the 18.5 mill sale) which means the net proceeds are 11.1mill.  He cost them 9.5 - so a profit of 1.6mill.

If the add-ons aren't triggered that profit becomes a loss of 500k

11 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

My mistake, I was sure PSG had a 40% on any sell on, not profit. In either case, not the cash cow the press had us believe he'd be, imagine that?. 

Everything I have read states this.  40% of any sell-on, not profit.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Everything I have read states this.  40% of any sell-on, not profit.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/odsonne-edouard-celtic-transfer-sell-24151054

that used to be the claim it has certainly changed to 50% of profit. Huge wedge either way. 

player due 10% as well mind. 

Edited by the gunslinger

3 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/odsonne-edouard-celtic-transfer-sell-24151054

that used to be the claim it has certainly changed to 50% of profit. Huge wedge either way. 

player due 10% as well mind. 

So say the sale is 18.5 mill as being reported (after add-ons)

Player gets 10% off top line presumably ?  There is 1.85 mill

Sold for 18.5, bought for 9.5, profit of 9 - 50% to PSG is 4.5 mill

So.... Sale of 18.5mill minus cost of 9.5 mill minus PSG sell on of 4.5 mill minus Edouard cut of 1.85 mill - profit of 2.65mill.  Still not too bad I guess - but nowhere near a cash cow the media like to label it.

As you said, though, this is all cash immediately as they have largely paid for him already.  However, they have just spent an awful lot of money this summer too.  Their next set of financials will be really interesting.

Just now, craig said:

So.... Sale of 18.5mill minus cost of 9.5 mill minus PSG sell on of 4.5 mill minus Edouard cut of 1.85 mill - profit of 2.65mill.  Still not too bad I guess - but nowhere near a cash cow the media like to label it.

As you said, though, this is all cash immediately as they have largely paid for him already.  However, they have just spent an awful lot of money this summer too.  Their next set of financials will be really interesting.

yeah going to contradict myself here a bit and say there will be payment terms agreed of course. May actually be cash negative initially i suppose. 

4 hours ago, craig said:

Surely if it is £15M plus addons then it is only £15M for now as the addons haven’t been triggered. Take off VAT £2.5M, then 10% to player £1.25M then the sell on clause. There is absolutely no way on the planet the bheasts paid £9.5M for him. Typically they add in all potential future addons, agents fees (sometimes wages too) when leaking what the deal “costs” to their lapdogs. My guess is if the bheasts say £9.5M it was probably about £6M transfer fee with the rest being other costs that wouldn’t count when calculating profit. 

This is generally shown to be nearer the truth when their player trading figures are disclosed in the accounts.

4 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Surely if it is £15M plus addons then it is only £15M for now as the addons haven’t been triggered. Take off VAT £2.5M, then 10% to player £1.25M then the sell on clause. There is absolutely no way on the planet the bheasts paid £9.5M for him. Typically they add in all potential future addons, agents fees (sometimes wages too) when leaking what the deal “costs” to their lapdogs. My guess is if the bheasts say £9.5M it was probably about £6M transfer fee with the rest being other costs that wouldn’t count when calculating profit. 

This is generally shown to be nearer the truth when their player trading figures are disclosed in the accounts.

I used 18.5 as that’s the highest possible sale value to work out the potential profit ??