Club Statement

On 01/09/2021 at 16:11, PoohBear said:

Are you guys defending singing the songs then? Is it acting like an adult to sing the songs?

Who gets to decide what is offensive ? Are you going to hand your free speech to a Nationalist government to decide what you can and cannot say ? Is that not what we accuse China and Russia of doing and claim it's abusing human rights and the freedom of speech ? 

11 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

What you said isn't true though. 4 lads isn't gone whereas the famine song is.

Nothing cryptic about the question "Can you remember when?".

Happy to help you in any way that I can.

then yes i can. 

perhaps i should have added song came back but that wasn't my point. 

we manage to sectarian up everything more or less. 

Edited by the gunslinger

To save me dredging through pages and pages, when we talk about fake videos are we suggesting that the city centre one may have been faked? The only recording of it I was able to see was from an Irish paper and tbh I couldn't make out what was being sung at all - though I could hear "why don't you go home." Was the EK bus one faked?

Like most on here I think there has been an over-reaction; I can't see how anyone in the street could be charged with a hate crime. An disabled acquaintance of mine was told to "get out the way, spastic" in a pub recently - now that is a hate crime.

1 hour ago, Ieatbats said:

Who gets to decide what is offensive ? Are you going to hand your free speech to a Nationalist government to decide what you can and cannot say ? Is that not what we accuse China and Russia of doing and claim it's abusing human rights and the freedom of speech ? 

It’s pretty straightforward, don’t sing anything racist or sectarian. There is no more to it.

57 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

To save me dredging through pages and pages, when we talk about fake videos are we suggesting that the city centre one may have been faked? The only recording of it I was able to see was from an Irish paper and tbh I couldn't make out what was being sung at all - though I could hear "why don't you go home." Was the EK bus one faked?

Like most on here I think there has been an over-reaction; I can't see how anyone in the street could be charged with a hate crime. An disabled acquaintance of mine was told to "get out the way, spastic" in a pub recently - now that is a hate crime.

The EK bus one wasn't a fake. 

There's been suggestions that one of the city centre videos was a fake as the sounds and claps don't seem to match what was going on. I've seen another video that sounds like they're singing "the party's over, why don't you go home."

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

First public rendition at a trouncing of the spalpeens at cp. One of them went greetin’ to the Irish Ambassador in London and so it all began.

I recall that game and thought that I recall hearing it a few weeks before that, although perhaps not to the same extent. However it's a moot point.