Club Statement

On 03/09/2021 at 08:38, ranger_syntax said:

Please explain this point.

I don't think there is much that needs explaining but I feel it was always obvious that the media would trawl through forums/Twitter when the club aligned themselves with fan sites. We have already seen this with Chris Graham so it shouldn't have been unexpected. Personally I didn't think too much would come from the H&H alignment, but the FF one seemed very careless and I'm surprised that it's H&H that have come unstuck because it doesn't take much to find some ridiculous comments on the FF forum.

Edited by PoohBear

23 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I don't think there is much that needs explaining but I feel it was always obvious that the media would trawl through forums/Twitter when the club aligned themselves with fan sites. We have already seen this with Chris Graham so it shouldn't have been unexpected. Personally I didn't think too much would come from the H&H alignment, but the FF one seemed very careless and I'm surprised that it's H&H that have come unstuck because it doesn't take much to find some ridiculous comments on the FF forum.

So your concern is about the comments that forum users make.

Is that fair to say?

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The Irish authorities seem to share a similar draconian approach to freedom as speech as their pals at the SNP and that train of thought is rubbing off on some Bears.  I think that's fair to say.  

There has always been a type of Rangers fan who is more concerned with policing our own support than any notion of media or political bias against our club. The self-righteous compulsion to conform is so strong in some that there will always be an open door for determined enemies. I wish they would take their sanctimony elsewhere. 

I just don’t fall for two things:

1) that all Celtic fans are enemies. I don’t hold any hatred just because someone supports Celtic. 

2) I don’t defend racist or sectarian behaviour, and I try to refrain from it myself. That said, anyone can make a mistake, I’ve done it myself. The problem is that some people are unwilling to learn and would rather defend their right to offend.

I think the Daily Record have made a ridiculous miscalculation here and it’s going to cause a lot of people a lot of grief.  I think there is a lot of biased focus on our club and support from the media. However, at the end of the day we shoot ourselves in the foot time and again by failing to clean up our act.