Club Statement

I hear a few DR employees are locking  / deleting their social media accounts this morning as their own "views" are being highlighted and sent to relevant organisations. Too little to late and I wonder what their feelings are towards their colleague today?

2 hours ago, PoohBear said:

I just don’t fall for two things:

1) that all Celtic fans are enemies. I don’t hold any hatred just because someone supports Celtic. 

2) I don’t defend racist or sectarian behaviour, and I try to refrain from it myself. That said, anyone can make a mistake, I’ve done it myself. The problem is that some people are unwilling to learn and would rather defend their right to offend.

I think the Daily Record have made a ridiculous miscalculation here and it’s going to cause a lot of people a lot of grief.  I think there is a lot of biased focus on our club and support from the media. However, at the end of the day we shoot ourselves in the foot time and again by failing to clean up our act. 

That you will go so far as to accuse the Daily Record of a ridiculous miscalculation will cheer, and surprise, many!

Nevertheless you are wrong about this. It's not a miscalculation as it will continue to drive traffic to the site.

In my opinion the Record staff have little to worry about. I doubt that the relevant people will suddenly decide to start punishing people for using language like 'hun'.

2 hours ago, PoohBear said:

I just don’t fall for two things:

1) that all Celtic fans are enemies. I don’t hold any hatred just because someone supports Celtic. 

2) I don’t defend racist or sectarian behaviour, and I try to refrain from it myself. That said, anyone can make a mistake, I’ve done it myself. The problem is that some people are unwilling to learn and would rather defend their right to offend.

I believe you might be an actual saint. 

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

In my opinion the Record staff have little to worry about. I doubt that the relevant people will suddenly decide to start punishing people for using language like 'hun'.

11 minutes ago, CammyF said:

IMG-20210904-WA0004.jpg

Although perhaps I may be too pessimistic!