Club Statement

And by the way, there is a lot of cryptic messages on this thread that appear to be alluding to me without outright saying something. If you have something to say then say it, if you're all the adults you claim to be.

Edited by PoohBear

21 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

And by the way, there is a lot of cryptic messages on this thread that appear to be alluding to me without outright saying something. If you have something to say then say it, if you're all the adults you claim to be.

Quite cryptic.

Can you say outright which messages you are alluding to?

Edited by ranger_syntax

26 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

You're the one who has been making cryptic comments. You've suggested that at least one poster on this thread isn't against racism and sectarianism.

Have the balls to name them rather than tarring everyone with the same brush. 

You've also made nameless, unexplained allegations against the admin on FF. 

I’m not being cryptic, a poster himself said he wasn’t bothered by racism.

On 01/09/2021 at 16:25, PoohBear said:

Should they be able to sing whatever they want without consequence? What about singing in a derogatory manner about someone’s skin colour? Should that be allowed?

On 01/09/2021 at 16:27, Bill said:

It’s not my job to say what should be “allowed”. We have arseholes in government to do that. All I can say is it wouldn’t particularly upset me. 

42 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I’m not being cryptic, a poster himself said he wasn’t bothered by racism.

What a silly soldier you are. You invent reality like it’s yours to create. No one said they weren’t bothered by racism, that’s just something you decided you were reading. 

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

What a silly soldier you are. You invent reality like it’s yours to create. No one said they weren’t bothered by racism, that’s just something you decided you were reading. 

Well you might want to clarify what you meant then, I asked you directly if derogatory singing about someone’s skin colour should be allowed. You answered that it’s not your job to say what is allowed but that it wouldn’t particularly upset you.  How should I have read that?

36 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Also, it’s quite possible I’m being paranoid too. Like I say, it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wrong or daft.

We have all done that, been there and got the t shirt.

My thoughts are that we have to be very careful when deciding what to ban/cancel or decide what should or shouldn't be allowed under the free speech banner. Not everything if you'll excuse the pun is black and white as we saw with the Rangers dressing room songs and what certain people chose to call out entirely wrongly as it turned out. True free speech works both ways so we can't pick and choose.    

7 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

We have all done that, been there and got the t shirt.

My thoughts are that we have to be very careful when deciding what to ban/cancel or decide what should or shouldn't be allowed under the free speech banner. Not everything if you'll excuse the pun is black and white as we saw with the Rangers dressing room songs and what certain people chose to call out entirely wrongly as it turned out. True free speech works both ways so we can't pick and choose.    

Yeah, the rangers video was ridiculous I agree. However, I'm talking about people still defending the sectarian stuff for some reason, rather than just condemning it. 

I love the tribalism involved in our rivalry with that lot.  It's what makes it what it is.

I'm a Unionist, who wants the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to stick together, so have no issues with songs that support that or mock those who don't.