CV19 'passport' now required to attend games

This is known in political circles as 'nudge'. It's about trying to get people to do something you want them to do without legislation. This is an attempt to get those who haven't been vaccinated to either get the jags or face potentially missing out on social activities. It's mainly aimed at younger people who have been slower to take up the vaccines and who might be more likely to want to go to nightclubs and gigs. When faced with the possibility of missing out on social events they might decide to get vaccinated, which is what this is all about. 

17 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

This is known in political circles as 'nudge'. It's about trying to get people to do something you want them to do without legislation. This is an attempt to get those who haven't been vaccinated to either get the jags or face potentially missing out on social activities. It's mainly aimed at younger people who have been slower to take up the vaccines and who might be more likely to want to go to nightclubs and gigs. When faced with the possibility of missing out on social events they might decide to get vaccinated, which is what this is all about. 

Earth shattering.

Why must I be subjected to it?

In England during the 1980s a football ID card scheme was proposed to try & prevent hooliganism. It never got off the ground because it was deemed impractical to check so many cards before entering the stadium.

This proposed covid vaccine passport looks similarly impractical to me

33 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Is that saying that those who have had the vaccinations are 27 times more likely to get Covid than those who have already had it?

If so, I'm not sure I follow the logic. Surely the whole thing is not to get it in the first place and not risk the potentially life threatening symptoms that happen in a minority of cases.

15 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Is that saying that those who have had the vaccinations are 27 times more likely to get Covid than those who have already had it?

If so, I'm not sure I follow the logic. Surely the whole thing is not to get it in the first place and not risk the potentially life threatening symptoms that happen in a minority of cases.

Indeed. 

73% less likely to go to hospital if you are vaccinated. 50% less likely to get Long Covid. 

no matter the immunity provided by having it it's better to be vaccinated. 

19 hours ago, trueblue 64 said:

If it's to curtail the spread of the virus surely a negative test would be more effective.

About a quarter of all cases are in vaccinated people so what is the point of a piece of paper that says you are vaccinated? 

The vast majority of cases are in the under 40's (their voting cohort) so they are attempting to control the pandemic through hospitality and large events.  It will fail.  The schools are rife with it so more areas will be added to the requirements, all to do with pleasure and enjoyment.  Before we know it swing parks will be shut.