CV19 'passport' now required to attend games

15 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

It is going to be no more inconvenient than a ticket check barrier, like we had at Dens on Saturday and get regularly in Edinburgh and Aberdeen and indeed the piggery. Added to this is that they (Scotgov & SPFL) have admitted that this will be spot checks rather than every attendee, so I dont know what people are fussing about. Get to the ground a few minutes earlier just in case. It's not difficult. If your pre-match pint is more important than ensuring you get in the ground on time, then you have more problems going on than you realise.

A very small inconvenience to allow me to attend the game. I have had to show my covid "passport" to gain entry to the theatre, and will need to show it to travel. I have no problem in doing this to ensure I can see the Rangers play. It also gives me the small comfort of knowing everyone else around me has also got some protection against the virus, and therefore reducing the chances of me catching it or passing it on if I am unwittingly a carrier. 

Agree but wouldn't it be easier (and safer under GDPR) if you sent your vaccination certificate to the club and they 'enabled' your Smartcard rather than random checks.

What s the randomness of the random checks? 1 in 2, 1 in 5, 1 in 1000? it's gonna be chaos. 

36 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I won't be back at Ibrox until all this nonsense is finished, they can ram their passports up their arses.

I really don't get that someone is that against getting a vaccine that they would put their views on it in front of seeing the Gers.

Just now, Bluedell said:

I really don't get that someone is that against getting a vaccine that they would put their views on it in front of seeing the Gers.

I've been double jabbed mate! it will be horrendous trying to get into Ibrox! and I totally disagree with this SNP passport pish! I can still see Rangers from the comfort of my home! each to our own I guess.

16 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

It is going to be no more inconvenient than a ticket check barrier,

I disagree.

It will be manual, not tech-based.

I've witnessed plenty of arguments between punters and stewards about things far less divisive than this.  

11 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

The main reasons for me getting vaccinated were ; to get to football, gigs and travel. But each too their own. 

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I disagree.

It will be manual, not tech-based.

I've witnessed plenty of arguments between punters and stewards about things far less divisive than this.  

Yip itll be carnage on Sunday. I was planning on taking one of my boys as got a loan of an (adult) season ticket, but seriously thinking about not taking him. 

7 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I've been double jabbed mate! it will be horrendous trying to get into Ibrox! and I totally disagree with this SNP passport pish! I can still see Rangers from the comfort of my home! each to our own I guess.

I disagree with it in principle also, although I'm happy with the benefits. 

Absolutely each to their own, but I still don't get it. There's a few things that would keep me away from the game, but a 'government' policy that doesn't impact me wouldn't be one. I wouldn't let the SNP keep me away from supporting the Gers. 

I'm not saying that I disagree with you, just that I don't understand it.