CV19 'passport' now required to attend games

2 hours ago, gaspard said:

Yes, it just significantly reduce the chances of becoming seriously ill.

The Guardian recently

Fully vaccinated adults can harbour virus levels as high as unvaccinated people if infected with the Delta variant, according to a sweeping analysis of UK data, which supports the idea that hitting the threshold for herd immunity is unlikely.

There is abundant evidence that Covid vaccines in the UK continue to offer significant protection against hospitalisations and death. But this new analysis shows that although being fully vaccinated means the risk of getting infected is lower, once infected by Delta a person can carry similar virus levels as unvaccinated people.

The implications of this on transmission remain unclear, the researchers have cautioned. “We don’t yet know how much transmission can happen from people who get Covid-19 after being vaccinated – for example, they may have high levels of virus for shorter periods of time,” said Sarah Walker, a professor of medical statistics and epidemiology at the University of Oxford.

“But the fact that they can have high levels of virus suggests that people who aren’t yet vaccinated may not be as protected from the Delta variant as we hoped.”

No, no, no, you don't understand. The double jab erects a magical barrier that prevents the virus from entering your respiratory tract.

21 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

No, no, no, you don't understand. The double jab erects a magical barrier that prevents the virus from entering your respiratory tract.

Hmmm .... I'm sure I heard that the Covid passport was what did the protecting and the jabs were just what you did to get the magical passport. 

Y'know, it's all just so very confusing.

42 minutes ago, Bill said:

Hmmm .... I'm sure I heard that the Covid passport was what did the protecting and the jabs were just what you did to get the magical passport. 

Y'know, it's all just so very confusing.

The thinking part can be very confusing.

The trick is not to think about it at all.

Just look around for a high status opinion to repeat.

Right, well as fun and enlightening as this thread has been I think I'm going to leave you to it, there's really not much more to say. 

You will require a Covid passport for this Sunday's match, I'm not sure of that's Bill Gates, a secret cabal of Jews or Nicola Sturgeon's doing. It is kinda funny now though.  - https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/supporter-update-29-09-21/3eSwxvlwMD20cDeixDQZoU

AHEAD of Sunday’s Scottish Premiership match against Hibernian, we once again highlight the introduction of vaccine certificate checks across Scotland.

Sunday’s game is a “test event” and thus, we are required by law, to carry out the same procedures as when the “grace period” is over.

For the avoidance of doubt, following legislation introduced by the Scottish Government, everyone attending matches at Ibrox Stadium must be fully vaccinated and everyone must bring proof of this status with you to the match, unless exempt.

I see Aberdeen have stuck both fingers up at Scotgov and told them that due to their utter incompetence they are not going to bother with Covid passport checks at Sunday’s game v bheasts.

Cant do the imbedding article stuff but i came across it on Twitter and it linked to dolly’s website. A very powerful statement. I wonder if our club will follow suit?