CV19 'passport' now required to attend games

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

What do you mean by "it" - the virus or the disease it causes?

Because everything I read tells me the vaccine makes zero difference to you becoming infected with the virus or passing it on, rendering the covid passport proposal utterly meaningless. What the vaccine does (like every other vaccine) is reduce your likelihood of developing the disease or at least a severe form of it.

I'm no virologist, but surely being vaccinated (or having antibodies from a previous infection) would lead to an immune response that destroys the virus - thus making transmission less likely than via an individual who has no immune response and therefore has the virus living / replicating within their body. How would herd immunity work otherwise?

33 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

@the gunslinger thinks that the antibodies will leave his body and fight the virus before it enters his respiratory tract.

ranger syntax has no idea what viral load is. lol 

or how antibodies work on those first few germs. 

Edited by the gunslinger

14 minutes ago, Thinker said:

I'm no virologist, but surely being vaccinated (or having antibodies from a previous infection) would lead to an immune response that destroys the virus - thus making transmission less likely than via an individual who has no immune response and therefore has the virus living / replicating within their body. How would herd immunity work otherwise?

of course it does. 

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

What do you mean by "it" - the virus or the disease it causes?

Because everything I read tells me the vaccine makes zero difference to you becoming infected with the virus or passing it on, rendering the covid passport proposal utterly meaningless. What the vaccine does (like every other vaccine) is reduce your likelihood of developing the disease or at least a severe form of it.

you must do some extremely selective reading. 

3 hours ago, Thinker said:

I think you really have to separate the virus from the disease. As asymptomatic infection shows, it is quite possible to be infected and spread the virus without ever developing the disease. Similarly a vaxxed person who contracts the virus may show little sign of the disease but nevertheless be shedding large amounts of virus. There is no basis for assuming all vaxxed people can only shed small amounts of virus. 

3 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

you must do some extremely selective reading. 

Yes. I tend not to read shite. I prefer scientific journals and the opinions of well educated professional people. You?

11 hours ago, Bluedell said:

No checks at the game that I saw. 

There were a few protestors against the passport with placards.

I was asked to show my covid passport by someone who could barely speak english never mind understand the written word.

When i told her i didn't have one she informed me that i would be refused entry next time.

I watched other fans show theirs which she paid no attention too looking at.