I'm amazed that people can think private healthcare can be a viable option to an underfunded free-to-all service. The NHS is virtually privately-run now anyway (at least in the rest of the UK) with a plethora of private interests competing for contracts. We have just seen a number of smaller energy companies go into liquidation because they cannot afford the increased prices of the supply sources. I thought when everything was privatised, we were told that we would have more choices and and lower prices. Hasn't worked out that way.

What the NHS needs is more accountability, less waste and fewer bean-counters and overpaid executives.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

I'm amazed that people can think private healthcare can be a viable option to an underfunded free-to-all service. The NHS is virtually privately-run now anyway (at least in the rest of the UK) with a plethora of private interests competing for contracts. We have just seen a number of smaller energy companies go into liquidation because they cannot afford the increased prices of the supply sources. I thought when everything was privatised, we were told that we would have more choices and and lower prices. Hasn't worked out that way.

What the NHS needs is more accountability, less waste and fewer bean-counters and overpaid executives.

Yes more accountability for both management and clinical staff.

Between 1997 - 2010 the NHS became more bloated as Labour true to their word pumped in % more money than ever before but without any accountability and instead of providing training and qualifications for the young who wanted to enter any of the professions they opted for cheap labour from abroad. 

The rise of private health companies are a result of peoples experience with the NHS and wanting an alternative to the slow moving bureaucratic org the NHS had become. Some areas of the NHS work tremendously well, others are poor, third world poor in fact. 

On 19/09/2021 at 12:14, alexscottislegend said:

I think you would understand it better if you were to give it a little thought.

Hiring private contracts isn't a case of being privately run.  Funny how you tell us that private companies compete for contracts yet you also tell us that private provision does not result in lower prices.  If it was more expensive that public provision then it would not be able to win any contracts.

14 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

We are living in strange times...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10004111/NHSs-diversity-tsar-paid-35-000-chief-executive.html

"NHS's diversity tsar is paid £35,000 more than its chief executive with her £230,000 salary enough to fund nine new nurses or 20 hip replacements." 

This is completely stupid.  Let us assume, for the sake of argument, that the role should exist.  It likely involves writing mind numbing presentations on power point, spamming the inbox of medical practitioners and scheduling costly meetings.  Nobody needs to be paid a lot of money to do that because every useless university graduate has these 'skills'.  A quarter of the salary would yield the same results while also being ludicrously high.

Neither the Conservative, Labour nor S.N.P. will do anything about it.

How much more money has to be wasted on stuff like this?

What are we to do about it?

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

What are we to do about it?

Complaining about it publicly will see you labelled as a racist, sexist, homophobe and/or a transphobe.

The current UK government got the mandate to make conservative policies but have done nothing of the sort.