Scottish Sports Fans Need To Prove They Have Been Fully Vaccinated

14 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

None Christine, that's not what this is about. It's about 'encouraging' those still unvaccinated, particularly young people, to get vaccinated. I suspect the hope is there's a surge in the coming weeks of people getting vaccinated and they can then drop this entirely. It will be unpopular and difficult to enforce but then it was never actually about that anyway. 

Which age group?

What proportion of that age group are at risk of requiring I.C.U. treatment?

6 hours ago, JohnMc said:

None Christine, that's not what this is about. It's about 'encouraging' those still unvaccinated, particularly young people, to get vaccinated. I suspect the hope is there's a surge in the coming weeks of people getting vaccinated and they can then drop this entirely. It will be unpopular and difficult to enforce but then it was never actually about that anyway. 

John, I am not Christine.  You have the correct sex but wrong person ?

I think you are right about hoping for a rush to vaccinate etc  but I'm not sure they will withdraw it.  Everything they touch is a shambles so this will just be one more that they and the media will ignore.

4 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

think you are right about hoping for a rush to vaccinate etc  but I'm not sure they will withdraw it.  Everything they touch is a shambles so this will just be one more that they and the media will ignore.

Apart from unerring incompetence, the other defining characteristic of the SNP is the ability to adopt a completely different direction whenever the wind changes. There's now not a chance in hell that vax passports will be launched in Scotland. They'll use the context of having been undermined by decisions in England but the truth is both governments were always going to have to accept the unworkability of this proposition in the face of a reluctant public. Even the SFA panicked at the thought of having to come up with an enforcement strategy.

15 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

John, I am not Christine.  You have the correct sex but wrong person ?

I think you are right about hoping for a rush to vaccinate etc  but I'm not sure they will withdraw it.  Everything they touch is a shambles so this will just be one more that they and the media will ignore.

Apologies, Blue Moon. 
You're right about it being a shambles, which is why I think they'll withdraw it before it needs enforced. Whether it'll encourage anyone unvaccinated to get the vaccine is the bit I remain unsure about. A version of this was unpopular but fairly successful in France over the summer. The fact they've had to withdraw their main vaccine encouragement advertisement recently too won't help either. It's a mess. 

3 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Apologies, Blue Moon. 
You're right about it being a shambles, which is why I think they'll withdraw it before it needs enforced. Whether it'll encourage anyone unvaccinated to get the vaccine is the bit I remain unsure about. A version of this was unpopular but fairly successful in France over the summer. The fact they've had to withdraw their main vaccine encouragement advertisement recently too won't help either. It's a mess. 

My boy went and got vaccinated because of it and a concert he has in November. 

Certainly the few folk through the door when i was waiting for him to get his jab were young and i know a few of hos friends have gone for similar reasons. 

he would have gone anyway but it speeded him along a bit. 

Is there any update on this - Doncaster suggested it'd be spot checks but I can't see anything more recent having been said (by Rangers, football authorities or our wonderful ScotGov)?

The first fixture impacted would be Hibs, at Ibrox, on 3rd October... which isn't far away.

So this shambles looks

Like  proceeding , yet somehow it is even worse than first imagined , those outside of Scotland who are double jagged , have no way of getting their vaccine certificates read and therefore will not be allowed access .

So no fans from England or N Ireland then , what a mess .

Edited by rbr