[FT] Rangers 1 (Sakala 12) - 1 Motherwell

19 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

rest players to your hearts content just pick the right ones to leave out. 

I really don't know what you're trying to argue? That Balogun and Lundstram would've made a difference today? 

If you want to cling to that position, I'll leave you too it. 

I don't get it. We've been poor all season with every conceivable combination.

9 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

We haven’t hit top gear yet and we’re top of the league. Reminds me of days gone by. 

That's the one consolation: we're still getting decent results, despite playing poorly. 

We need an injection of something (legal). 

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I really don't know what you're trying to argue? That Balogun and Lundstram would've made a difference today? 

If you want to cling to that position, I'll leave you too it. 

I don't get it. 

That they deserved to play so we could find out. Hard to imagine they wouldn't have made a difference frankly. 

i don't think i am being particularly controversial saying our 2 best players from Thursday should have played here. especially given how poor the players who played instead of them were today or on Thursday. 

Edited by the gunslinger

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yes, they've been poor. Bottom of the league?

But, our performances don't give me much confidence at the moment... 

They were bottom before today but they were up against a team with the worst away record Scotland has ever seen probably. We did swat them aside recently. 

TBH i would make a lot of changes and take our chances. 

play what would conventionally considered a second string. Though a few would be the same players from today in that. 

12 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

That they deserved to play so we could find out. Hard to imagine they wouldn't have made a difference frankly. 

i don't think i am being particularly controversial saying our 2 best players from Thursday should have played here. especially given how poor the players who played instead of them were today or on Thursday. 

My point is that the whole team -- and every conceivable combination of players -- have been poor. 

Lundstram had a 20 minute cameo on Thursday, but otherwise has been disappointing. I'm not sure he should be replacing Davis, Kamara or Aribo at this stage.

Balogun has to play every game now with Helander out, which is unreasonable at his age.

Claiming that it's "wrong" that these guys were rested is silly, to me.

That's the last I'll say on the matter.

The whole team is not clicking yet. 

I now need to collect my nerves for Wednesday...

7 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

They were bottom before today but they were up against a team with the worst away record Scotland has ever seen probably. We did swat them aside recently. 

TBH i would make a lot of changes and take our chances. 

play what would conventionally considered a second string. Though a few would be the same players from today in that. 

I think that would be wrong... ?

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

My point is that the whole team -- and every conceivable combination of players -- have been poor. 

Lundstram had a 20 minute cameo on Thursday, but otherwise has been disappointing. I'm not sure he should be replacing Davis, Kamara or Aribo at this stage.

Balogun has to play every game now with Helander out, which is unreasonable at his age.

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

let's not downplay Lundstrom because it doesn't suit. He was our best midfielder start to finish. Might have got the MOTM on here in our hardest game of the season so far. Dropping him after that especially with the fuss Gerrard has made about him in the press was a shock to me. 

Balogun was the best player in either team on Thursday and is 33,  are we saying he can't manage two games running here. 

I said it was a mistake for me. I remain of that opinion.