[FT] Rangers 1 (Sakala 12) - 1 Motherwell

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Anyone agree, Defoe should be back in the team - squad?

Particularly, for the upcoming league/league cup fixtures at Ibrox. He remains an excellent finisher.

No, definitely not. We have to move on, even if it’s a bit painful at times. As much as I really like and respect him, the only time Defoe should be on the park is when injuries or suspensions prevent others being available. 

18 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Anyone agree, Defoe should be back in the team - squad?

Particularly, for the upcoming league/league cup fixtures at Ibrox. He remains an excellent finisher.

He's there to coach the strikers now.

I would much rather he tried to improve the finishing on the training ground.

Like it or not, the squad we've got is the squad we've got. Few if any seem able to perform to their best at present, so we carry on until they or the management find a way to improve. Whatever happens, success is never guaranteed and we continue to back the team without any sense of entitlement.

Spot on Bill. We will improve, that's for sure, we know we can be far more incisive, as this same squad showed us last year. I'm trying not to judge Lundstram this early, as I remember McCoist and Hateley amongst others who started slowly, but I don't think players get as long these days to pick up, rightly or wrongly.

50 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Spot on Bill. We will improve, that's for sure, we know we can be far more incisive, as this same squad showed us last year. I'm trying not to judge Lundstram this early, as I remember McCoist and Hateley amongst others who started slowly, but I don't think players get as long these days to pick up, rightly or wrongly.

I do know one thing - players struggling for form will never find it with supporters howling at them from the stands and calling for them to be dropped. Supporters ... the clue is in the name.

Edited by Bill