[FT] Rangers 1 (Sakala 12) - 1 Motherwell

I thought we played pretty well in the first half and looked more like last season but was disappointed not to score more.  We certainly can't depend on defending a 1-0 lead any more and cannot afford to be so wasteful in front of goal.

I won't pick a man of the match because I don't think anyone deserves it.

Edited by Blue Moon

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

poor poor second half 

to be honest motherwell were probably happier with the 6 mins of extra time. celtc are ridiculously poor but we need to find form soon. 

wright is a poor substitute for kent. roofe was terrible which amazes me. simpson will kill me if he keeps getting mins. 

let's hope we can take the positives of which their were many in the first half into the upcoming games. 

Due to working commitments I haven`t seen a minute of today`s game, but really, Kent has had more mediocre, sub-standard and countable-stats-less games than Wright has minutes in a Rangers shirt. Maybe Wright didn`t perform up to his own standards today, but for some reasons our no-matter-what-all-time favourites like Kent and Tavernier get far too much adolation than quite a few of their performances justify. I relied on a live text feed and some comments from the German board and if that`s poor ...

4' Attempt missed. Scott Wright (Rangers) right footed shot from the centre of the box is just a bit too high. Assisted by Connor Goldson.

21' Attempt saved. Fashion Sakala (Rangers) left footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Scott Wright.

23' Attempt saved. Kemar Roofe (Rangers) right footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Scott Wright.

38' Attempt missed. Scott Wright (Rangers) right footed shot from the centre of the box is close, but misses the top right corner.

39' Attempt missed. Steven Davis (Rangers) right footed shot from outside the box is too high. Assisted by Scott Wright.

45' Scott Wright (Rangers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

53' Attempt saved. Scott Wright (Rangers) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom left corner. Assisted by Joe Aribo.

... than I hope he has a few more poor games for us.

We seemingly need that rock in midfield with the name Jack this season, as well as Hagi`s creativity, spark and shooting ability ... along with getting games into Sakala, Wright and seemingly Bacuna too. 

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Due to working commitments I haven`t seen a minute of today`s game, but really, Kent has had more mediocre, sub-standard and countable-stats-less games than Wright has minutes in a Rangers shirt. Maybe Wright didn`t perform up to his own standards today, but for some reasons our no-matter-what-all-time favourites like Kent and Tavernier get far too much adolation than quite a few of their performances justify. I relied on a live text feed and some comments from the German board and if that`s poor ...

4' Attempt missed. Scott Wright (Rangers) right footed shot from the centre of the box is just a bit too high. Assisted by Connor Goldson.

21' Attempt saved. Fashion Sakala (Rangers) left footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Scott Wright.

23' Attempt saved. Kemar Roofe (Rangers) right footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Scott Wright.

38' Attempt missed. Scott Wright (Rangers) right footed shot from the centre of the box is close, but misses the top right corner.

39' Attempt missed. Steven Davis (Rangers) right footed shot from outside the box is too high. Assisted by Scott Wright.

45' Scott Wright (Rangers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

53' Attempt saved. Scott Wright (Rangers) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom left corner. Assisted by Joe Aribo.

... than I hope he has a few more poor games for us.

We seemingly need that rock in midfield with the name Jack this season, as well as Hagi`s creativity, spark and shooting ability ... along with getting games into Sakala, Wright and seemingly Bacuna too. 

We were far more positive today so the forwards had lots of the ball. they were largely very poor with it. 

I guess wright playing may have been part of that being more positive but for me the sooner kent is back the better. Of course by then Wright may be playing out his skin. 

I would certainly give him another chance on Wednesday. 

7 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I thought we played pretty well in the first half and looked more like last season but was disappointed not to score more.  We certainly can't depend on defending a 1-0 lead any more and cannot afford to be so wasteful in front of goal.

I won't pick a man of the match because I don't think anyone deserves it.

yeah really struggling with a MOTM. 

The harsh reality is our forwards aren’t getting enough goals in the league so far this season.

Morelos, Roofe & Sakala have just one goal each from open play so far. That needs to change.

My view is Morelos should be the first name on the team sheet but that’s another debate for another day.

One of the most disappointing things about today was Motherwell were the better side for the last fifteen minutes.  

We really should have scored a second when Davis broke free - he should've played it left and done it sooner.  I had a feeling that missed opportunity would come back to bite us and it did a couple of minutes later.

Game of 2 halves , first half we played some great stuff , 2nd we were poor , terrible ref performance coupled with equally poor linesman , however if we don’t kill teams off that’s what you get .

29 minutes ago, rbr said:

terrible ref performance coupled with equally poor linesman

Aye but they gave us an offside goal.

Motherwell players falling over ever couple of minutes was doing my nut in.  Cheating bastards (mainly with Irish names too).