[FT] Rangers 2 (Roofe 48; Morelos 63) - 0 Livingston

18 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

I hope tomorrow evening our best striker Alfredo Morelos starts the game. 
I am, quite frankly, getting rather tired at our manager’s attempts to replace him.

I hope we play him, Sakala, and Roofe up front, with Wright and Hagi behind him.

Some people (i.e. supporters) have actually thought of the idea of playing Patterson as wingback and Tavernier alongside either Kamara or Davis as right-sided DM with the license to move forward. He`s got the engine and runs into spaces vacated by our AMs (far too often), i.e. we lose those stray balls in that area instead of taking care of them in packed defenses.

Edited by der Berliner

17 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I hope we play him, Sakala, and Roofe up front, with Wright and Hagi behind him.

Some people (i.e. supporters) have actually thought of the idea of playing Patterson as wingback and Tavernier alongside either Kamara or Davis as right-sided DM with the license to move forward. He`s got the engine and runs into spaces vacated by our AMs (far too often), i.e. we lose those stray balls in that area instead of taking care of them in packed defenses.

Playing Morelos, Sakala, Roofe, Wright and Hagi is going to leave too many spaces.

Gerrard tried Tav in the midfield pre-season and my memory is that Gerrard said that he felt it didn't work, so it's unlikely to happen again for a while.

50 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It is really tricky just now. When our form is poor I feel we badly lack movement, people willing to stretch the opposition and make runs in behind. We play in front of the opposition too much.

Sakala, Bassey and even Patterson all help us do that, but that doesn’t mean they should take the place of good players who won us the league last season. I don’t know what the answer is tbh but I do wonder if we should find a way to get Sakala into the 11, even beside Morelos in a front two. He’s not the finished article but his pace certainly adds another dimension to our attack. 

Some good news...

"RANGERS are today delighted to announce midfielder Glen Kamara has agreed a new contract with the club until the summer of 2025."

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/glen-kamara-delighted-with-new-deal/7Jza5a7IXHki24LEWvg47H?fbclid=IwAR0fGCf6_O_N7fuYdPdNEKMNTrFyNs6cwhesdgg7tmbER7_P7ymBmkLG_t0

• Frankie changed the title to [Pre-match] Rangers v Livingston
  • Frankie changed the title to Rangers 0 - 0 Livingston