[FT] Dundee 0 - 1 Rangers (Aribo 16)

Im starting to wonder if gerrard has taken this team as far as he can go.   Todays performance was horrific but im not surprised given our continual poor form this season.   Tactically were a shambles.   Just about every team we play can snuff us out with ease and for a large slice of luck we could have lost 4 or 5 goals today.   And i dont think it will change any time soon either.

Im starting to wonder if gerrard has taken this team as far as he can go.   Todays performance was horrific but im not surprised given our continual poor form this season.   Tactically were a shambles.   Just about every team we play can snuff us out with ease and for a large slice of luck we could have lost 4 or 5 goals today.   And i dont think it will change any time soon either.

14 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Seriously? Semi-final of League Cup, Europa League Group Stages and top of league - wow.....

We aren't and weren't gonna be as fluent as we were last season. We set impossible standards. Yes we aren't playing to our best but haven't had a settled team due to injuries and Covid. 

We have work to do, but come on, really? Who should go Gerrard or all the players? 

Edited by CammyF

Fairly dispiriting stuff but important to acknowledge those who didn't let their standards drop like their colleagues. John Lundstram, Leon Balogun and John McLaughlin can all walk off with their heads up. The defence was truly woeful. How Dundee didn't score is a mystery.

In three years and a bit, I don't think I have witnessed such an error strewn Gerrard Rangers team?

Including pre season friendlies, we have played just over 20 games. We have notched up 14 competitive matches. The only game I have left/watched where I have felt I viewed Rangers was the Real Madrid friendly. We are all hoping, even saying it will improve. However, despite being top of the league I feel we are NOT playing.

The ball goes forward and there is no venom among our forwards. We are not winning fouls on the edge of the opposition box. Today, we managed three free kicks in and around Dundee's penalty area. There is a huge gap between the midfield and the front three. Our exploitation of the opposition by our wing backs has almost become warm nostalgia. Tav' hit the bye-line once today. 

I could go on but, it's another three points and hopefully we improve in Prague. We must. 

Big Lundstram has found his position at CDM. 

Does Davis get back in?

I think we need a little change, tactically.

Players don't become bad overnight. Maybe they are a bit too comfortable and complacent. 

I'd like to see us go with a back three - like Chelsea.