[FT] Sparta Prague 1 - 0 Rangers

7 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

They’re not even flattering, stewarty, except maybe against Real and twenty minutes against Malmo.

The Tranmere result was a warning.

I discount friendlies, but i say flatter because we have lots of possession, seemingly dominate for long spells, yet can’t get the ball in the net whilst showing ourselves prone to lapses at the back far more regularly.   

47 minutes ago, stewarty said:

but i say flatter because we have lots of possession

I know what you mean but side-to-side-back-to-side isn’t very flattering. There’s no feeling of an imminent devastating thrust at the opposition defence. Quite the reverse in fact.

7 hours ago, Scott7 said:

I know what you mean but side-to-side-back-to-side isn’t very flattering. There’s no feeling of an imminent devastating thrust at the opposition defence. Quite the reverse in fact.

Ach I’m not really disagreeing.  More a turn of phrase to be honest.  

Just hope we get through Sunday with a win and that gives Gerrard the international break to re-group.  

It seems that with some people on here the best way for a player to be appreciated is not to play. The promise then outweighs the performance,

We’ve seen it recently with Kent and Goldson. A couple of weeks ago some were crying out for them to be dropped as their performance was lacking. Then they get injured and we’re told we really miss them.

Overall the team is not playing well as a team. In that situation replacing an individual is unlikely to have a significant impact. When the team is playing well and a player is off their game, that is the time to replace them and try someone else.

I don’t know how to get the team to play better. The Manger may be right that the problem is being unable to get a settled team. Maybe the tactics need changing. I have no option but to trust that things will improve. I don’t see any alternative to that.