[FT] Rangers 2 (Roofe 60; Morelos 78) - 1 Hibernian

22 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Yeah agree. Bassey cant head the ball which is strange for a big fella. He had two attempts at one point last night and the ball travelled about 5 yards in total!!

not counting the 2 he totally missed.

I haven´t seen the Motherwell game, but given how Goldson and Tavernier have played part in many an opportunity and goal by the opposition this season, Simpson should easily get "another" chance. Maybe people have forgotten the blips of Gough, Brown, Amoruso and Co. every time I saw Simpson (bar his first outings last season), he wasn`t a Kiernan or Perry. Truth be told, our defence on Thursday was pulled all over the place and I was wondering why SG kept Lundstram that long on the bench, given how he played these last few games in DM/CM, calming many a dangerous opportunity before it became critical - Jack-style, almost.

Thus, I very much assume that Balogun and Simpson will play, as well as Lundstram. As will most likely do Tavernier, even though he should get it more in the neck than Barisic, as neither have been running at 100 % this season. Given we face a battle, Bassey may slot in at LB, yet I can`t see SG being bold enough to play Patterson. As said before: We should start with Roofe - Morelos - Sakala up front, Hagi behind them.

Edited by der Berliner

Referee – Nick Walsh

Assistants – Graeme Stewart and Calum Spence

Fourth Official – Colin Steven

Missing - Ryan Jack (injured), Nnamdi Ofoborh (heart problem), Filip Helander (knee OP), Ryan Kent (thigh)

Doubtful - Connor Goldson (some knock), Juninho Bacuna (thigh)

While I haven`t heard the presser myself yet, it is being said that Goldson had a knock rather than a Covid-issue.