[FT] Rangers 2 (Roofe 60; Morelos 78) - 1 Hibernian

There was a time when as often as not I didn’t have five bob for the ‘bus to Ibrox so I was a regular attender at Tynecastle and Easter Road. 

I never had any trouble at either venue despite the colours of the scarf I wore, so I don’t hate either of them.

On 05/10/2021 at 21:41, CammyF said:

Personally not had much bother from Hibs fans and Easter Road has always been my favourite away ground.

I'd even say I dislike Hearts and their fans much more than Hibs. 

Controversial. I do occasionally frequent forums of Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen to see what their views are on us and them. Aberdeen are totally different to the other two, they have made hating Rangers their sole purpose in life without realising it.
Hibs and Hearts fans obviously don’t like us but they’re generally fine, nothing unexpected. 

8 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Controversial. I do occasionally frequent forums of Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen to see what their views are on us and them. Aberdeen are totally different to the other two, they have made hating Rangers their sole purpose in life without realising it.
Hibs and Hearts fans obviously don’t like us but they’re generally fine, nothing unexpected. 

When it comes to Rangers, the chip carried on the shoulders of Aberdeen fans has acquired enormous proportions. It's hard to know exactly why this is since it must be more than 25 years since their club offered any real challenge to anyone, let alone Rangers. I believe it takes its durability from the association with nationalism that afflicts a large element of their support, conveniently expressed as hatred for Rangers. Whatever causes it, they are the absolute dregs. Horrible fans of a horrible club.

On the old Rivals boards you could have good exchanges with fans of every club - even celtic - but not Aberdeen.

I make an uneducated guess without evidence (nothing new there) that about 80% at least of Scottish football supporters vote SNP, if they vote at all. Nothing political or even historical about it, just Jimmy Hill an’ that.

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

I believe it takes its durability from the association with nationalism that afflicts a large element of their support

Aberdeen is a bit of a sore subject for the nationalists. Oil was central to their argument yet Aberdeen city was 58.61% no and Aberdeenshire 60.36% no. I do imagine yes voters are heavily over-represented in their support though. The No voters would have been working people. 

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

On the old Rivals boards you could have good exchanges with fans of every club - even celtic - but not Aberdeen.

I make an uneducated guess without evidence (nothing new there) that about 80% at least of Scottish football supporters vote SNP, if they vote at all. Nothing political or even historical about it, just Jimmy Hill an’ that.

I doubt if as many as 80% could formulate a cross in a box 

3 hours ago, onevision said:

I don't recall any real hatred between us and the sheep prior to the Simpson tackle on Durrant.

Absolutely right. I remember standing on the terraces at Pittodrie in the 1960's, with no segregation, and there being no animosity at all. It went all to shit at some point in the 1970's when bottle-chucking and hardhats became the norm but it wasn't until after Ferguson gave them a modicum of success that their current sense of thwarted entitlement arose. They've fostered their grievance as a substitute for trophies ever since. 

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

They've fostered their grievance as a substitute for trophies ever since. 

Exactly right. The giveaway question was whether people would prefer Celtic get 10 in a row or Rangers nick it. Aberdeen’s fans were the only ones who wanted Celtic to get 10, which is quite incredible given the whole of Scottish football would have never heard the end of it.