[FT] Rangers 2 (Roofe 60; Morelos 78) - 1 Hibernian

On 05/10/2021 at 21:41, CammyF said:

Personally not had much bother from Hibs fans and Easter Road has always been my favourite away ground.

I'd even say I dislike Hearts and their fans much more than Hibs. 

I've been to numerous games at Tynecastle and been able to walk along the road with groups of Hearts fans and there was never any trouble. I wouldn't have dreamt of ever doing that with Hibs fans, who were often looking to jump us after games.

I also don't believe that Hearts fans would run onto the pitch at Hampden and assault our players.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I've been to numerous games at Tynecastle and been able to walk along the road with groups of Hearts fans and there was never any trouble. I wouldn't have dreamt of ever doing that with Hibs fans, who were often looking to jump us after games.

I also don't believe that Hearts fans would run onto the pitch at Hampden and assault our players.

In 1984 I had Hearts fans chase me to train station, also had to stop a group of them take a UF off a young Rangers fan circa 2010/2011. Then there was the infamous game at Tynecastle when Fernando scored a late penalty and Hearts fans in Roseburn(?) Pelted Rangers fans with coins. 

Also remember the Championship game at Ibrox v Hearts that was a late call off due to snow / Ice. Plenty bother at that game both inside and outside the ground. 

Going further back, I can just about remember the Gorgie Skins who weren't shy in coming forward and giving you a "nice reception" at Haymarket and up to Tynecastle. In fact sure there was a game where they came to Ibrox and were in the old West Enclosure trying to take liberties. Sure one of the older than me Bears could confirm.

I know lots of decent Hearts fans - one of my oldest / best friends is a Jambo and I used to go to Hearts games with him if Rangers weren't playing. 

Also know lots of Hibs fans and vast majority of them are decent and never had any hassle from them. The Cup Final was a disgrace, but I've had more trouble / abuse from Hearts than Hibs. Hearts think they're a big team, they ain't- never have been, never will be. 

However, agree neither are a patch on Aberdeen ?

Edited by CammyF