Monday 4 October 2021

Notice of Claim | Ryan Porteous, Player, Hibernian FC

Player: Ryan Porteous, Player, Hibernian FC

Match: Rangers FC v Hibernian FC on 3 October 2021

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Offence: A1 Serious Foul Play

Claim: Wrongful Dismissal

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Wednesday 6 October 2021

Outcome: Claim dismissed. Original sanction re-applied.

• Frankie changed the title to Porteous appeal dismissed
13 minutes ago, compo said:

Does this mean he gets an extra game ban .

No. I believe he has a two game suspension, reapplied, and, thus, will return to face the fhilth, if selected. 

Personally, I think the panel should have doubled his ban, and fined his club, heavily, for a capricious time wasting appeal. 

Edited by Uilleam

34 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

No. I believe he has a two game suspension, reapplied, and, thus, will return to face the fhilth, if selected. 

Personally, I think the panel should have doubled his ban, and fined his club, heavily, for a capricious time wasting appeal. 

he's a big raw laddie reminds me of the Dundee /Southampton player Jim Steele 

35 minutes ago, compo said:

he's a big raw laddie reminds me of the Dundee /Southampton player Jim Steele 

Jim Steele helped Southampton to the FAC Cup in 1976 then was loaned to Rangers at the start of season 76-77. He played five games and was cautioned in everyone. The Rangers News summer special in 1977 announced Jim had won three RSCs Player of the Year awards.

If we go on to win the Championship this season, Gernet should award Ryan Porteous an award, thanking him for his contribution?

3 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Jim Steele helped Southampton to the FAC Cup in 1976 then was loaned to Rangers at the start of season 76-77. He played five games and was cautioned in everyone. The Rangers News summer special in 1977 announced Jim had won three RSCs Player of the Year awards.

If we go on to win the Championship this season, Gernet should award Ryan Porteous an award, thanking him for his contribution?

I remember Jim Steele - he wouldn't last five minutes in today's game. Re Porteous, I think it was telling that SG said he was reminded of himself at his age, but whether he can sort himself out remains to be seen; at any rate there is the makings of good centre back in there.