To forgive is human, To err is Devine

Great article,  but writing letters of complaint is not the most effective way to fight back. The only way to hurt them is to stop buying their rags, stop visiting their sites, clicking or sharing links and don't pay their licence fee.

As the writer identifies, we have the numbers. Unfortunately still too many of us continue to fund the problem whilst simultaneously whining about the product. 

Brilliant article.  Thank you for that.  I've said it before, time for Rangers to back the fans, not when they do something stupid but when the entire support are under attack.  I used to admire Devine for his impartiality and was shocked and sickened to watch that interview.  

22 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Brilliant article.  Thank you for that.  I've said it before, time for Rangers to back the fans, not when they do something stupid but when the entire support are under attack.  I used to admire Devine for his impartiality and was shocked and sickened to watch that interview.  

Definitely, there's still some glaring gaps in strategy and communications. 

9 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Tom Devine is a vile, bitter old man who deeply despises Rangers football club and its supporters.

And he thinks he can justify this hatred as an academic who thinks this makes him immune from any sort of accusation.

His bigotry is acceptable, so he thinks. And his tactics are almost always the same: accuse the other side. The art of denial & deflection .

Throughout my life(I’m in my mid fifties now) I’ve watched the likes of Devine and his ethnicity with much curiosity. I refer to them as ‘tartan Irish’ who claim to be Scots but antagonise their Irish ancestry to get a reaction which they often get. Then the accusations begin. 

Ive always believed these people want to turn Scotland into a ROI MK II, an anti-British state and now seem to have teamed up with our own homegrown SNP. But there are plenty who oppose it his & many within the Rangers support which seems to tip Devine and others over the edge periodically

Totally agree. For the last part, until we collectively reclaim some of media and get that message out then it'll continue to pass the majority by.