[FT] Rangers 2 (Balogun 18; Roofe 30) - 0 Brondby

• Frankie changed the title to [FT] Rangers 2 (Balogun 18; Roofe 30) - 0 Brondby

A pity we couldn't add another goal or two to our first half goals but, one or two mistakes aside, that was a decent display tonight and I hope the players take heart from it.

Aribo a clear man of the match but I said before the game the manager was looking to rely on his experienced players and they all turned up as I thought Goldson and Tav played well, as did Davis and Morelos before we he went off.

Plenty more to come but we move onto Sunday and other tough match.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

A pity we couldn't add another goal or two to our first half goals but, one or two mistakes aside, that was a decent display tonight and I hope the players take heart from it.

Aribo a clear man of the match but I said before the game the manager was looking to rely on his experienced players and they all turned up as I thought Goldson and Tav played well, as did Davis and Morelos before we he went off.

Plenty more to come but we move onto Sunday and other tough match.

I thought Barasic was very poor tonight, the rest did well

Only saw closing stages of 1st half and all of 2nd half but was impressed with what I saw. We created chances, should have had a penalty and hit woodwork twice. 

What was most impressive was how me managed the closing stages of game. Solid at the back and dangerous in attack.

Only downside is injury to Balogun, hopefully not a serious one.

Goldson was back to his best, Balogun solid beside him, Tav steady but Aribo best player on pitch.  

I actually think there are a lot of positives to take from that and it could be used as a bit of a springboard. The forwards are starting to find a flow. 

Equally, it has to be said that we showed the same defensive frailties against an ordinary side and still a lack of ruthlessness in front of goal so we’re not out of the woods yet.