Opinions/experience of Nil By Mouth?

Had some dealings with them on my time on the RST board and found them opaque and inconsistent.

They almost always only want to offer comment if consulted by the media and rarely grasp the nettle themselves which made their statement of last week about 4LHAD all the more jarring.

• Frankie changed the title to Opinions/experience of Nil By Mouth?
2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Had some dealings with them on my time on the RST board and found them opaque and inconsistent.

They almost always only want to offer comment if consulted by the media and rarely grasp the nettle themselves which made their statement of last week about 4LHAD all the more jarring.

Likewise. I think I wanted to believe it was more than just another celtic prop. I can't see anything suggesting otherwise. 

Some mind-benders from 10 years ago...

I'm not sure how much of your grievance is related to football rather than sectarianism.

I'd be cautious however about saying the campaign of the IRA and others like them is about religion, most people would regard their objectives as political.

I haven't dealt with them personally but from what I've read they just seem like a more state authorised version of Call It Out.  

In other words, a bunch of yahoos who see sectarianism as a one way street.

27 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Similar to Frankie, the first couple of years on the RST Board(2003 and 2004) I had a fair bit of correspondence with Nil by Mouth.

One of the RST's early members was a regional full time Trade Union Official. He penned two letters addressed to NBM, both told of a Trade Union member suffering sectarian abuse at place of employment and, asking for a meeting to impart advice. The only difference in the correspondence was in one letter the abused person was a Celtic supporter, the other letter concerned a Rangers fan.

Within the week, NBM replied to the letter reference the Celtic fan. The aforementioned Trade Union Official was invited for a chat. A subsequent telephone call told the Official NBM were keen to use the circumstance to right a wrong and harvest publicity. After a wait of six weeks, the Official penned a second letter concerning the Rangers supporter because he had NOT received a reply to the first one. The RST exposed the hypocrisy, the Chair acknowledged receipt of the Celtic letter but had no records of the two letters reference the Rangers supporter.

The RST formally extended an invitation to NBM founder, Cara Henderson(girlfriend of the murdered, Mark Scott) to attend an RST Board meeting and the first RST AGM. Again, we received no replies.

The nearest NBM ever got to being on side with a Rangers grievance was the two effigies occurrence. Both hanged by the neck from the roof of the North Stand-Curve at Celtic Park. Both had hands tied behind their backs, one was replete in an orange collarette, the other in a Rangers scarf; the strange fruit twisted in the breeze for 45 minutes. Beneath was a huge banner proclaiming, "they hung out the banner of war" and a further two dozen smaller flags emblazoned with, "KAH" - kill all H--ns. Nil by Mouth declared it sectarian.

Nine members of the Green Brigade were arrested, charged and, appeared in court. They all pled not guilty and the trial date was set for three months hence. At the second court hearing the nine charged were informed all charges were being withdrawn by the PF because all evidence had disappeared. We were promised an investigation reference the evidence being disappeared and and findings would be published in a report. Five years and counting. NBM does not reply to correspondence asking for continued support to ensure the report is published.

Thanks 26th. I'd heard of the first story but never more details. 

A cognisant support and club should've nipped it in the bud back then. 

I urge erudite posters on here never to let nbm away with the nonsense which is a large proportion of their output. Keep it simple when you write to them. Keep it factual. Above all keep it unemotional. Many a sound argument is obscured by outrage.

NBM (like FARE) are an agenda-driven organisation who target their selected individuals & organisations with the aim of causing maximum damage to them.

However their lack of integrity is apparent when they disregard other individuals & organisations who are blatantly guilty of the same offences as their targeted ones. I’d suggest maybe these individuals & organisations are represented with NBM & FARE.

To me they have no real genuine interest in achieving the aims they claim to support and are little more than a group of unaccountable pond life seeking to destroy their selected targets with the help of others in authority. Fascism in all but name. 

Unfortunately politicians & organisations such as football’s governing bodies  are scared to challenge these partisan groups for fear of accusations which should be a big concern to all in a so-called free democracy.