10 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Another way below par performance. Kent has his critics but we are a far poorer team without him. We basically are not creating any chances. Their goalie had nothing to do in the 2nd half. That's what worries me. 

On a sidenote, I'm embarrassed that a Scottish team actively went out tonight with a game plan focused on falling over and time wasting. Shame on you Aberdeen. Their players were falling over at every opportunity and were obviously told to go to ground and stay down. Glass must have been on the phone to Simeone. 

Their prerogative, we needed to be smarter than them. But you are 100% correct we are missing Kent. 

Offering some perspective...We are top of the league yet have not kicked a ball since the season began. If you had offered me these league standing prior to ball being kicked in August I would have taken it. I did think we might suffer a mini hangover from last year. I just didn't think it would last this long...

Another piss poor performance, against a journeyman outfit, this one ravaged by injuries. 

Our team is too easy to play against, and every other side, obviously, knows it. I worry that our players, too, know it.

I worry even more that these players reached their apogee last season, and are now on the way down; even more than that, I worry that they know this, too.

I worry most that our management team does not see any of this.

Play badly and win is becoming, merely, play badly, as it is always likely to do, when poor performance becomes the rule, rather than the exception.

I do not believe that the regular duff performances of this season will somehow magically transform into powerful winning football. 

Steven Gerrard, and his staff, to have produce a remedy, tout de suite. 

Sandcastle United, eh?

Who is driving?

Edited by Uilleam

Wrong team, wrong tactics.

We can't play with a forward line with no pace. We've been lucky to get away with it in the previous few games. On current form Patterson is playing better than Tav. Playing Lundstrom behind Kamara clearly wasn't working and it took them more then a half to suss it out. Subs should hehe been on a lot sooner etc etc. 

Poor night for Gerrard. 

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

We can't play with a forward line with no pace. We've been lucky to get away with it in the previous few games. On current form Patterson is playing better than Tav. Playing Lundstrom behind Kamara clearly wasn't working and it took them more then a half to suss it out. Subs should hehe been on a lot sooner etc etc. 

Poor night for Gerrard. 

Bringing on Arfield had zero impact on the game.

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Poor night for Gerrard. 

So do we play Sakala for his pace?

only option for pace we’ve got.

And he looks miles short of what we need

21 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Itten would be a better option

Itten was our slowest forward. Where's Defoe? Is his playing career over? He was bang in form at end of last season and best finisher at club (again, no pace). 

Patterson v Tav is a difficult one. Patterson looks the part however, will he ever offer the assists and goals that Tav does? Tav not on pitch tonight, who had balls to take the pen? 

Goldson looks like he is just going thro the motions. He had three decent chances tonight and missed all three  - same at the weekend. However last season, those were going in.