58 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Their first goal tonight was embarrassing. When will stop this nonsense playing the ball around in our own penalty box.

Were not good enough to do that.

We are good enough to do it.

How often do we give away a goal like that?

Goldson has to be willing to punt if all options nearby are marked. Hope his agent doesn't include that one in his video.

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Offering some perspective...We are top of the league yet have not kicked a ball since the season began. If you had offered me these league standing prior to ball being kicked in August I would have taken it. I did think we might suffer a mini hangover from last year. I just didn't think it would last this long...

Nope.

We are only top due to winning our home fixture against Celtic.

We are now in a position where they have a better record against the rest of the league than we do.

If you had told me, at the start of the season, that we would squander a big lead over Celtic then I would have been very angry.

I wonder if the players are angry.

48 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Itten was our slowest forward. Where's Defoe? Is his playing career over? He was bang in form at end of last season and best finisher at club (again, no pace). 

I'm honestly not sure why this is being discussed but, yes, his playing career is over.

48 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Goldson looks like he is just going thro the motions. He had three decent chances tonight and missed all three  - same at the weekend. However last season, those were going in.

Failing to replace Goldson in the summer may prove to have been a big mistake.

I'm not sure we can rely on any of our centre backs just now.

13 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I'm honestly not sure why this is being discussed but, yes, his playing career is over.

Because he is best finisher he have at club, he scores goals no other striker can and plays between the posts something Roofe and Alfie domt do often enough. Oh and plus we have him a new 1 year contract.

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Because he is best finisher he have at club, he scores goals no other striker can and plays between the posts something Roofe and Alfie domt[sic] do often enough.

Not sure what difference that makes give that his playing career is over.

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Oh and plus we have him a new 1 year contract.

Remarkable decision. I wonder how effective his coaching is.

Edited by ranger_syntax

As far as i'm aware Defoe is still fit and training with the first team ,so i'd far rather see him come on as sub than Sakala .

Of course Sakala has pace, but so does Usain Bolt.

Regardless of age ,Defoe is a natural goal scorer,..it's what he does.

Defoe's a great finisher, but we still have to provide him with chances, and that's something we're not doing. 

We're just not very good this season.

The extent of it is quite inexplicable. You can't be firing on all cylinders all the time, but I still don't think we've started this season. So poor. 

Frustrating. 

I like it this way as tight as tight can be wouldn't bother me if the horrid hoops are a couple of points ahead come the next few weeks that will then be the challenge to overcome them and move on , just like a good Derby winner does ,far to early to be pressing the panic button.