We're almost a third of the way into this season and the complete lack of progress now makes it clear that last season was more of an aberration than a direction of travel. After 11 games the one thing our manager cannot afford to do is to keep on repeating the same mistakes and hoping it will all suddenly come right. We've lost all momentum, the team is clearly stuck in a rut and several of our erstwhile key players look more like deer in the headlights. The league can still be won but not by going about it like this.

37 minutes ago, compo said:

Why does it take the manager so long to see that the game plan is not working I would have made a couple of changes at half time, then again he's still a greenhorn but surely Mcallister can see it 

This 'greenhorn' stuff is so stupid.

He's in his fourth season in management. Closing in on 200 games.

I haven't read the rest of this thread just yet as I am depressed enough.  All I have to say is, if the manager keeps playing the same people who are not doing the business we will be stuck with this mediocrity.  I have tried to remain positive but last night was a turning point for me.

41 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

This 'greenhorn' stuff is so stupid.

He's in his fourth season in management. Closing in on 200 games.

Almost the same tactics in his 200 games , total greenhorn in my opinion makes me laugh when I hear his names mentioned with liverpool or Newcastle 

34 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

All I have to say is, if the manager keeps playing the same people who are not doing the business we will be stuck with this mediocrity.

Squad players have done little to boost their credentials when picked or brought on as subs.

34 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I have tried to remain positive but last night was a turning point for me.

Agreed.  The grace period gained with 55 has gone, after the two home draws against two mediocre teams.

Time to sort it out.  

Edited by Gonzo79

10 hours ago, Frankie said:

The lack of attacking intent from the full-backs (who seem positionally uncertain) is a big issue as all our attacking play is from deeper areas with neither Morelos, Roofe or Hagi interested (or able) to run into any space behind defences.

I agree. As much as I don't want to "drop" Tavernier, Patterson would offer a real threat with his runs and he would provide some fresh impetus. His runs mix things up and cause a bit of chaos. We really badly lack players who will take guys on just now, it's often the best and easiest way to break teams down.

Far too often it's side to side passing and there have been occasions recently where it seems we have broken away on a wing, only to slow down, turn around and pass backwards and before you know it the ball is back to Goldson! It's infuriating.

Edited by DMAA

5 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I understand the desire for tactical flexibility, but, for me, we need to do what we're doing - and what we have been doing - better. That, and cut out the sh*te at the back!

It's not so much that we've been 'sussed out', but rather we're not playing our normal game very well at all. Positionally, we're complacent, and so lethargic on the ball at the moment. Cut that out and I think we'd play much better. 

Saying that, I always like to see something different. I have been saying for a while that I'd like to see a back-three formation trialled. 

Whilst I agree, like I said a few weeks ago I can't help but think we just need to mix it up with a new formation to bring fresh energy to this team. It's gotten so stale. It's been months now and we aren't even getting better, that's three home draws from our last four league games. And Hibs had an early red card in the one we won by the skin of our teeth after going behind. That could easily have been four winless home league games in a row. 

Seen the highlights for first time since last night.

Regards the penalty it’s given for when Bates initially had a hold of sakala’s jersey at the edge of the box not when he goes down when they both reach the 6 yard box.

Just as I saw it from my seat in the SJ rear. Penalty all day long

17 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Seen the highlights for first time since last night.

Regards the penalty it’s given for when Bates initially had a hold of sakala’s jersey at the edge of the box not when he goes down when they both reach the 6 yard box.

Just as I saw it from my seat in the SJ rear. Penalty all day long

And we may have had another one near the end when Bates (IIRC) pulled Baloguns shirt at a corner. Must have been a shout as sure it was mentioned on BBC match thread! 

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

And we may have had another one near the end when Bates (IIRC) pulled Baloguns shirt at a corner. Must have been a shout as sure it was mentioned on BBC match thread! 

The referee perfectly entitled to award a foul for a jersey pull