[FT] Motherwell 1 - 6 Rangers (Tavernier 43; Sakala 45+1, 63, 85; Kamara 75; Roofe 90+1)

Quite a turnaround from the Aberdeen game to today.

That was definitely the most enjoyable match of the season, thus far ...by quite a distance.  The joy on the faces of our players at full time was very obvious and hopefully it's addictive!

4 hours ago, Ted McMinnime said:

Jeez. That's a pretty strong critique. Hardly a like for like comparison for a start. Cullibally was a box to box MF not a wide front 3 player. Maybe you are confusing with Ojo? As for Sakala, what I see from his first sub appearance in pre season is a young man from an impoverished African background who is so grateful for the opportunity to better himself. He has already moved from Zambia to Russia then from Holland and to here. I don't know how many full games he has played for us (it can't be many) but is amazing to see the number of people on here prepared to write him off already based on so little evidence. That interview on Sky was a breath of fresh air. So humble, so grateful to the club and his teammates. He even admits he has not fully settled here yet. There have been many players who have crashed and burned here. So far, on the limited opportunities available to him, I think he has done himself no harm at all. Plus he cost diddely squat!

Apologies. It was not meant to be a like for like comparison. More a comment on how as fans we are quick to attach opinions on players too quickly (good or bad). I'm as guilty as anyone tbh. My memory was that many fans wanted a permanent deal for Cullibaly based on about 2/3 games. He did look good in spells but judgements should be made over a prolonged spell. I genuinely hope Sakala turns out to be diamond and progresses in his more favoured position.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops