BOSS Walter Smith has revealed that he is checking out a number of players and may make some more moves before the transfer window shuts at the end of the month.

The Rangers manager, who has made 10 signings since last season ended, feels that he needs a bit more balance to his squad and may try to bolster some areas.

Ally McCoist and Walter SmithHe has confirmed that Portsmouth defender Dejan Stefanovic is one of a number of players he has been looking at.

Smith said: "Stefanovic is one of a few players we are looking at and will continue to look at until the transfer window is closed.

"We have to continue to look for players for one or two positions where we feel we might be a little bit short.

"We have been looking at some players but it doesn't necessarily mean that we will act.

"Although we have a big squad of players I still think we are a bit thin on the ground in certain areas, but if we don't make any further signings I will be more than happy to go with what I have.

"Some people are suggesting that subsequent transfers may be dependent on qualification to the Champions League group phase but that's not the case.

"It's just that we are covered more than adequately in some positions and not as much in others.

"We just want a slightly better balance to the squad."

Similarly, Smith has revealed that some players could go if clubs come in for them.

He added: "Having a slightly bigger group than last year means we have to watch that we don't get frustration from the boys that are not playing.

"So if some clubs come along for one or two of the boys then we will consider what they have to say."

I remember Stefanovic from his Dutch day's and thought he was a good player. I think we were also linked with him before he went to Portsmouth.

A good replacement for Weir imo.

I think we were interested in Stefanovic before he went to Portsmouth for something like £2m. He scores a fair few goals too I think.

Papac is coming on but with the uncertainty over Smith this could be a good signing

Papac, Murray and Broadfoot all currently fit and Smith due back mid-September. How many LB's does one club need. Surely one of them is away? :confused:

Murry has been linked with a move away from us, Broadfoot isnt a left back so realy we only have papac the now

Murry has been linked with a move away from us, Broadfoot isnt a left back so realy we only have papac the now

I'm pretty sure Broadfoot is considered a LB as well as a CB and whilst Murray has been linked with a move and it may still happen, any stories so far have been rubbished.

I'm pretty sure Broadfoot is considered a LB as well as a CB and whilst Murray has been linked with a move and it may still happen, any stories so far have been rubbished.

Broadfoot is never a left back, he is right footed and always has to take a touch when out there. He played the left of a back 3 with St Mirren, thats it.

Looks like a tidy player at right back and at centre back