[FT] Brondby 1 - 1 Rangers (Hagi 77)

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think that depends on Lyon, to some extent.  Sparta will beat Brondby.  

Beat Sparta by two goals or more at Ibrox and I believe we go through as the GD between our games counts ahead of goal difference total.

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Beat Sparta by two goals or more at Ibrox and I believe we go through as the GD between our games counts ahead of goal difference total.

Yeah, my understanding as well.

Unless Brondby win their next two games ?

Edited by CammyF

Tonight is another failing I’m afraid. A team who are 6th in their league, 13 points adrift of a team Celtic out out after only 14 games, we needed to win really and we’re up against it to progress now. Some positives to take from it maybe but Gerrard needs to sort us out, we still still look like we did in the second half of 19/20. 

22 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Better for the last half-hour but the manager simply must sort out the uncertainty that seems to blight our play at times. Both in defence in attack we seem unsure of ourselves for key periods in games which is causing us too many problems.

Positives were coming back to grab a point which could be important and the return to fitness and assists for Ryan Kent.

Onto Ross County on Sunday and we simply must go into the international break with a league win.

At the end of the day winning the league is far more important for us

7 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

When was the last time Morelos had a good game?

He deserve no more a starting slot than Roofe or Sakala. Now that Kent is back, he will get his 24/7 starting slot no matter what, as we know, so it remains to be seen, whether we keep Sakala and perhaps Roofe through the middle. Today, we hardly made any ground with Aribo on the right, I was actually surprised that he was kept on instead of Arfield. Patterson and Bassey should also get a chance, as neither of our fullbacks clad themselves in any glory ... and Tav`s goal and assist against Motherwell shouldn`t really help his case, if this kind of contribution is far too erratic these days (weeks, months).

Edited by der Berliner

33 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Tonight is another failing I’m afraid. A team who are 6th in their league, 13 points adrift of a team Celtic out out after only 14 games, we needed to win really and we’re up against it to progress now. Some positives to take from it maybe but Gerrard needs to sort us out, we still still look like we did in the second half of 19/20. 

Would have taken 4 points out of these two games before a ball was kicked, as would the majority of us. 

Lyon were always gonna run away with the group, vastly superior team with huge financies and CL experience. 

I don't think you can say we are up against it to qualify. We have a game at home that we need to win by 2 goals to automatically qualify or any win to take it into last game. 

Again, majority of us would have taken that scenario before a ball was kicked.

Anyway, league is priority this season.