[FT] Brondby 1 - 1 Rangers (Hagi 77)

22 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Barisic had a poor game.  Tav wasn't much better.  When the full-backs aren't working, we really struggle for ideas.  

Morelos was as ineffectual as he ever has been tonight.  Sakala and Aribo didn't do much either.

January will be interesting but I don't think we have the funds to make significant changes.  

I thought Borna looked unfit tonight and know he's missed a few recent games with a knock but as you say our full backs are crucial to how we play so can understand why he started. 

Tavs delivery was hit and miss, still not convinced his corner that Alfie "scored" from was out of play. Assuming VAR was checked? 

Great to see Kent back and hopefully he is back to his best (was impressive cameo appearance tonight).

I was admittedly working during the first half so the game didn't have my full attention, but it seemed to me that Morelos was having a good game first half? He was unlucky to have a goal chopped off and he had a good few attempts that were very close.

Edited by PoohBear

13 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Went out of play and back in,poor from Tav.

Still not seen an angle that confirms this and assistant referee wasn't looking directly along the line, we was a few steps back from byeline. And if ball had gone out, why didn't he flag straight away? He only flagged when Alfies header hit the net.

Dont know if VAR asked to have a look? 

Edited by CammyF

21 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I was admittedly working during the first half so the game didn't have my full attention, but it seemed to me that Morelos was having a good game first half? He was unlucky to have a goal chopped off and he had a good few attempts that were very close.

Maybe it's just me? maybe I am being too harsh on Morelos? but I'm only calling it as I see it! Morelos has been piss poor for a while, again only IMO.

15 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Morelos has been piss poor for a while, again only IMO.

I'm a big fan of Morelos.  He's capable of making life really difficult for opposition defenders but just isn't doing that at the moment.  

No idea where his aggression has gone (having a kid, perhaps?).  

13 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Thought that but not seen / heard confirmation that VAR was involved in the decision to disallow the goal. 

Pretty sure I seen a clip of the referee indicating the TV sign and pointing to box for bye kick.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Maybe it's just me? maybe I am being too harsh on Morelos? but I'm only calling it as I see it! Morelos has been piss poor for a while, again only IMO.

Totally agree that he's been poor recently, but I just thought he had a good first half.