Rangers Annual Report released (Accounts and AGM date)

Thing is, the Yahoos have sold players for ridiculous sums for the best part of the last decade, not least to balance their books during our absence as well a Covid-19. I see that people point out that we should have cashed in on this or that player, yet, AFAIK, we only received real offers for Morelos. We can`t whip up buyers just because we want them.

"Funnily" enough,  I remarked yesterday over in the Bröndby thread that this season`s EL is just a bonus and we have to concentrate fully on 56 this season, as it buys us direct entry into the Group stage of next season`s CL. Mainly thanks to our excursions into Europe under SG ... which we all should keep in mind. The rest of the Scottish sides did hardly contribute anything. I would assume that this season`s return of crowds will impact on the next accounts ... and who knows what the January transfer window will bring.

Looking at the accounts, we’re getting just over £4m per year from retail ? Is that correct? Not a lot is it?

thought the Castore deal was £4m per year up front? (£4m per year over 5 years) And Rangers got a percentage of sales of merchandise 

Edited by RANGERRAB

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Looking at the accounts, we’re getting just over £4m per year from retail ? Is that correct? Not a lot is it?

thought the Castore deal was £4m per year up front? (£4m per year over 5 years) And Rangers got a percentage of sales of merchandise 

Yeah that jumped out at me as well. Given the amount of tops and March we've moved recently would have expected to see this as a higher value / figure. 

Whilst £23M looks and sounds a lot, it's around the figure I was expecting. Say every year that this level is unsustainable but given Covid and the implications, didn't expect anything "more positive".

Interesting few years ahead tho for the board - automatic qualification to CL (ie winning the league) is now a must. 

7 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Admin 2... ? ? 

COVID has had a huge effect, as it will have on every club. 

However, what annoys me is that we keep passing up the opportunity to sell players. I'm like a broken record at this point, but it really annoys me. 

Morelos is a big player for us, but he should have been sold last year, two years ago, for £15M; we're not getting that now. He's a key player but we can re-invest that kind of money for two, three replacements. 

Kamara, too. He's one of my favourites, and a key player for us, but we really should be cashing in. 

I feel like we keep missing the boat. It's not sustainable. 

Dont disagree overall, but the market over the summer was delayed by the Euros and never really got going to the same extent as it would given the trend in years previously.   Ultimately I don't think we received sensible bids for our key assets over the summer.

On Kamara though, we have secured him on an extended deal earlier in the year so that at least preserves his value for a year or two more.

I feel we are in a little bit of groundhog day with the accounts.

Each time we accumulate losses which are in turn covered by a range of wealthy supporters.   Whilst it is heartening to see how much 55 meant to those guys who again have stepped up and helped the club massively, its not a sustainable position in the long term.

There is no doubt that Covid has massively impacted our ability to trade normally, you only need to look at the circa £17m reduction in income.   That said, it has forced us to go after alternative income streams more aggressively such as our various commercial partnerships and RTV, as well as the modestly improved merchandising from Castore.

On Castore, it might not be until next year's accounts until we see the full impact of the partnership, hence why I say modest improvement to c£4m.

What it does show is the reality of our financial position and why we felt a little underwhelmed by the transfer activity in the summer.  It also underlines why 56 this year is so massive with the guaranteed UCL income. 

4 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Something not right about this Castore deal.

I thought it was £4m per season upfront & Rangers got a percentage of merchandise sales. 

If we get £4m upfront and it’s a 4 year contract, we'd only account for £1m each year.