Rangers Annual Report released (Accounts and AGM date)

22 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

So McGuire believes that ETIBDA profitability is achievable if we sell Aribo, Hagi, Barisic, Kamara, Kent, Morelos and Patterson.!  Haha, is that wishful thinking??

I didn’t read it that way, more that player trading is a more sustainable model going forward.  And that we are well positioned given the relative depth of the squad now.  He wasn’t saying we needed to sell them all

3 hours ago, compo said:

I am just surprised that Mr King set an interest charge on his loan then again it's easy to criticise I wonder what the rest of the loans carry in interest payments. 

As far as I remember, the reason that he gave was due to restrictions the South African authorities put on moving capital out of the country.  

Whether that’s 100% true or not, I don’t know. He didn’t seem to have that problem when loaning the club funds prior to this.  

16 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Yes that’s how it works. Or should work.

And re-invest some of the fees received in their replacements.

The Ajax way. 

Except that the 'Ajax way' is also to have cracking functioning academy. I'm dismayed that we are so dismissive of youth when you see Man City - to take one example- giving regular time to Foden and Palmer, teenagers both. We should increase the time given to Patterson, Kelly, McCrorie for starters; and there's a young lad called Rory Wilson from whom big things are forecast.

4 hours ago, compo said:

I am just surprised that Mr King set an interest charge on his loan then again it's easy to criticise I wonder what the rest of the loans carry in interest payments. 

It's being noted on FF that these loans have an 6 % interest ... and I wonder whether there is actually some law/guideline for that. Don`t know how many - if not all - of these loans will actually be transferred into shares anyway, so there is no "real" payback at hand.

Edited by der Berliner

The Castore revenue is really poor. I heard them say in an interview the deal could rise to as much as £8m a year depending on sales. Sales must have been huge in that year with 55. I would honestly get rid of them they havent lived up to their word on anything, quality or revenue.

8 minutes ago, Graham said:

The Castore revenue is really poor. I heard them say in an interview the deal could rise to as much as £8m a year depending on sales. Sales must have been huge in that year with 55. I would honestly get rid of them they havent lived up to their word on anything, quality or revenue.

In respect of the deal, I guess it could be backloaded, with any overrides based on turnover being cumulative to try and prevent us from bailing on the deal early. I doubt that they are not meeting what was contractually agreed in regards to payments.