Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

I think Aston Villa is exactly the level of club he will be looking for to be honest. 

At this stage of the season you would hope he wouldn't though. I very much doubt he would go anywhere without taking at least Beale with him. That would be fine in the summer but disastrous for us just now.

The optics wouldn't be great either. The first few months of the season has been really poor and there's a serious challenge from Celtic. To jump now wouldn't look good for him at all.

On the other hand, unless he is fully committed beyond the summer I would be worried of the impact it could have on the team. Teams do not perform well when they know the manager is leaving at the end of the season (97-98 one example), it would be a hammer blow psychologically.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

At this stage of the season you would hope he wouldn't though. I very much doubt he would go anywhere without taking at least Beale with him.

Unless Beale was offered a managerial post in his own right....  

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

FWIW, Beale has moved up here with his family so there may be an understanding of sorts between him, Gerrard and Rangers...

I read somewhere last month that Beale fancied a shot at South America.

I’ll be pretty disappointed if he leaves at this point, he’s leaving us in a much better place but it could be pretty bad for us to change coaching team right now. I think we are all prepared for him leaving eventually, but I thought he’d be doing it in the off season.