Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

I'm normally a glass half full sort but I'm not too despondent about this because it was inevitable at some point and I think Gerrard has his flaws (as do all managers).

We'll be alright if we get a good replacement.

I can’t believe no one is looking at a possible Gerrard departure and seeing an opportunity.  It’s entirely possible his replacement will bring far more success. 

While there has to be a vacancy to leave for, I think it has been apparent for some weeks that all hasn’t been well in our football club since the summer and the timing of this departure is, for me, we’ll beyond coincidence. 

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm normally a glass half full sort but I'm not too despondent about this because it was inevitable at some point and I think Gerrard has his flaws (as do all managers).

We'll be alright if we get a good replacement.

Its not just Gerrard, If all the backroom staff go with him as is being suggested that would be a loss.

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Its not just Gerrard, If all the backroom staff go with him as is being suggested that would be a loss.

Presumably a new manager will come with a new back room staff

Well it seems I am in the minority so I will exit this thread, I am seriously concerned by the timing of his departure!!.

Let's hope I am worried about nothing, a new management team will come in and we will surge toward the title with immediate effect!.

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

I can’t believe no one is looking at a possible Gerrard departure and seeing an opportunity.  It’s entirely possible his replacement will bring far more success. 

While there has to be a vacancy to leave for, I think it has been apparent for some weeks that all hasn’t been well in our football club since the summer and the timing of this departure is, for me, we’ll beyond coincidence. 

On the contrary. A change from 4-2-3-1 would be more than welcome ...

It looks and sounds like a done deal. Therefore he can GTF.

He can do likewise, even if it falls through.

No point, and no profit, in the support, or the Club, mooning around like a lovesick teenager who has just been dumped.

Time to move on, and appoint a new coaching team - one which can get a better tune out of the players than SG & Co has managed this season. 

The dugs may bark, but the caravan rolls on.

Who said that?

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

So all his talk of ''being happy'' at Rangers and keep building for the future was bollocks? I just can't see why he would want the Aston Villa job just now tbh? he would best served staying @ Ibrox at least until his contract is up and building his reputation, especial in Europe!.

It's a huge risk taking on the Aston Villa job on IMO, if they get relegated and on a bad wee run then theses billionaire types are quick to replace managers!!.

I'm not too bothered if he chooses to go, but the timing is a real blow to me as Rangers fan and season ticket holder.

You do have a good point if we assume that the long-term goal is to manage Liverpool. A bad spell at Villa could damage him irreversibly; alternatively he could, like Rodgers, cement his reputation. But it would be a blow to us for sure - just don't get fans seeming to wish it to happen. We could even see an exodus of players (Goldson, Tav. - Kent..) Wouldn't look so good then, would it? 

51 minutes ago, Bill said:

And it's entirely possible some of the players (who are only here because Gerrard is here) might up sticks and follow him. I can see Goldson going and maybe Kent?