Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

This.

I'll love him for the rest of my life for what he's done: The title was superb and those European nights will live long in the memory. 

I wish him well. 

He stopped 10IAR. For that alone I’ll always be grateful to SG. 

I'm a bit "meh" about the whole thing now, I just want it confirmed he's gone and for us to appoint someone quickly so we can get back on with the season. When I look back on his time here I think he will be a massive part of the final leg of our journey back to the top, where we belong. But it will leave a bit of a bitter taste given how quickly he's gone after everything he said after winning the title.

I know there's nothing in it, but the timing of him leaving is a bit strange given the stuttering start we've had to the season both in Europe and domestically, with a few players looking well out of sorts and an apparent inability to sort out the defensive issues and basic mistakes makes me wonder if his heart was in it anymore or if he was just out of ideas.

Looks like the Gerrard era at RFC has come to an end. It's been a roller coaster three years and there's no doubt he leaves us in a better place. For that he and his backroom staff have my thanks. We must now move on immediately and I'm hoping a new manager will be in place asap.

Of course the timing is far from ideal - both with regard to Walter's passing and our upcoming schedule on the pitch. Like most fans, that disappoints me but it's also football and it's vital we move forward immediately and see this as an opportunity to improve.

To be honest, I think this has been coming for a while and may explain some of the negativity we've seen this season on the pitch. As such, the board/Ross Wilson should be well prepared for where we are and ready to put our next plan into action. A new era awaits!