Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

Our ship under him took a while to find its course, had to navigate a fair amount of dire straits along the way till it reached its first nautical milestone. We are on our way to the next milestone and - as it stands - the bridge crew and engineering has jumped ship ... and only the nautical officer is there and needs to plot a new course through a fog bank that just appeared straight ahead.

Remember that scene in 13th Warrior, where one viking shoots a burning arrow into the fog and leader calls out for Ooooodiiiiin ... awaiting an echo.

Edited by der Berliner

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Recently, sure, but they are a sleeping giant. 

The comments with regards to Villa by so many has been absolutely bizarre tbh. A big club, in huge city, very near his family (can he even commute?). A rare opportunity for him.

Just glad it hasn't dragged on. Now we can focus on what actually matters - our next manager. Whoever it is, the one thing I hope they bring is strength of character, we've seen enough managers and players melt under the pressure this club brings. 

Gutted with the timing of this but tbh not surprised.  Gerrard has not looked happy for most of this season.  The team has struggled and at times it looked like they couldn't improve things.  Maybe based on this season's budget he had gone as far as he could with this group of players.

As far as the team goes I have major concerns we will see them implode if we don't act quickly and decisively.  No interim nonsense.

Perhaps in time I will get over the disappointment and wish him well but not today.  Sorry, that's how I feel.

Edited by Blue Moon