Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

22 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Any news on whether Defoe is moving with Gerrard?  Given he hasn't played and our striker play has regressed, that feels like a failed experiment and if we can  exit that deal, it would be good business.  

I think moving of Defoe is the least of our worries at the moment. 

36 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

With the DoF thing, I think it will depend on the person coming in being able to get the best out of players by using a similar system.

At work, the thought of a new boss is usually a bit daunting but sometimes they're better than the old one.  Time will tell on that front but I'd assume any new manager will be known for playing a similar way to the 433 system going on throughout the club (which makes someone like GvB likely but someone like Warnock far less likely).  That makes players less likely to leave because they don't like the style of play.

Apparently GvB played with wingers at Feyenoord in a 4-3-3, which worries me - we have one winger!

1 hour ago, Bill said:

That would be an excellent plan if players didn't have emotions, loyalties and be prone to fits of pique in the face of change. Which is what always faces a new manager and this will be no different. The DoF and the incoming manager can choose to accept any dip in morale as merely part of the "model" but I think we all know what will happen back in the real world.

Yes, you are right with regards to morale etc.; it's inevitable.

I suppose my point was more in terms of the type of player we have, positionally and style-wise. A new manager should be able to slot in and use them.  So, I don't necessarily think a new manager will need to bring in someone "he can trust". If a new manager wanted to make wholesale changes like that, then he's not the right option. 

51 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Any news on whether Defoe is moving with Gerrard?  Given he hasn't played and our striker play has regressed, that feels like a failed experiment and if we can  exit that deal, it would be good business.  

Officially, he`s a registered player till summer 2022. Whatever he is actually doing remains to be seen.

Any word on who packed his bags along with SG?

17 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Officially, he`s a registered player till summer 2022. Whatever he is actually doing remains to be seen.

Any word on who packed his bags along with SG?

Beale and McCallister, Scott Mason the first team analyst too.

I think we can expect the majority of his guys to move with him.