Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Yes, you are right with regards to morale etc.; it's inevitable.

I suppose my point was more in terms of the type of player we have, positionally and style-wise. A new manager should be able to slot in and use them.  So, I don't necessarily think a new manager will need to bring in someone "he can trust". If a new manager wanted to make wholesale changes like that, then he's not the right option. 

Given what we’ve seen this season, what we’ve got isn’t good enough to take us forward - either that or Gerrard couldn’t get the best out of them. It’s more that a new manager we need and a few squad changes are inevitable over the next couple of windows. 

7 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Agreed, bunch of fannies. 

Football managers move on, twas ever thus.

They are totally incapable of understanding reality and think that professional footballers and managers should not make decisions which they conceive to be in their best interest but should instead only seek to get the approval of the most narrow minded section of the fan-base.

3 minutes ago, Biblio said:

They are totally incapable of understanding reality and think that professional footballers and managers should not make decisions which they conceive to be in their best interest but should instead only seek to get the approval of the most narrow minded section of the fan-base.

It’s the same brainless mentality that keeps Sulky Sturgeon in a job. 

I think it has been the latter this season. The squad isn’t as strong as it should be but it has been badly underperforming this season. Some fans were in denial about that for months but it’s now November and I think everyone sees it. 

27 minutes ago, DMAA said:

This seems to be the only corner of the internet where the prevailing opinion isn’t that Gerrard is a rat/snake. Gersnet is clearly the place to be when the going gets tough. 

You can be somewhere in the middle can't you?

We all knew he'd go, but many of us presumed it would be for something like the Liverpool job, after retaining a title and giving the CL a go. Not to leave so soon after winning the title, proclaiming his undying love for the club, fans etc and then presiding over a very shoogly start to the next season. The going gets tough and he takes the first EPL job offered? Or maybe he felt he'd achieved all he ever could here? But what's changed since the close season?

Its just all bit strange.

12 minutes ago, ascender said:

But what's changed since the close season?

Villa job’s available. That’s what’s changed. He might have gone to ‘Spurs if he had been invited. I doubt he would ever have gone to Norwich, Watford or the like.