Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

Now that he's gone I expect it won't be long before the dam breaks and the gossip starts flying about why Gerrard chose to leave and what had been the situation behind closed doors. Clearly, everything hasn't been sweetness and light for some time. Did he have an issue with Wilson, with the board in general, was it transfer funds, or an inability to get the response he wanted from the players. Personally I think he was becoming deeply frustrated by the attitude of his team on the park and couldn't change whatever was behind it. That and a lack of transfer funds.

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

Did he have an issue with Wilson, with the board in general, was it transfer funds, or an inability to get the response he wanted from the players. Personally I think he was becoming deeply frustrated by the attitude of his team on the park and couldn't change whatever was behind it. That and a lack of transfer funds.

I think it’s possible/likely he wasn’t happy with some things (other than the obvious on-field issues). It’s also possible there were no issues though and he just felt ready for the next challenge. 

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

This seems to be the only corner of the internet where the prevailing opinion isn’t that Gerrard is a rat/snake. Gersnet is clearly the place to be when the going gets tough. 

Except me! whatever way you want to paint it for me he jumped ship! sneaking away like that! he has left us in the shit and taking the whole backroom staff with him, regardless who steps in to replace him, I get the impression a lot of posters on here are quite happy he has left!.

We all knew he would leave at some point, no problem with that at all, but it was only a week or so ago that he was smiling saying do I look happy? do I look settled? slimy!!.

The decent thing to do would be finish the season, I don't need to hear ''He couldn't turn down the Aston Villa job'', yes he could and should have IMO! which makes me believe something has happened behind the scenes?.

I believe he has made Separate Entity FC favourites for the title now!.

11 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Except me! whatever way you want to paint it for me he jumped ship! sneaking away like that! he has left us in the shit and taking the whole backroom staff with him, regardless who steps in to replace him, I get the impression a lot of posters on here are quite happy he has left!.

We all knew he would leave at some point, no problem with that at all, but it was only a week or so ago that he was smiling saying do I look happy? do I look settled? slimy!!.

The decent thing to do would be finish the season, I don't need to hear ''He couldn't turn down the Aston Villa job'', yes he could and should have IMO! which makes me believe something has happened behind the scenes?.

I believe he has made Separate Entity FC favourites for the title now!.

I also didn’t like the way he left without a word, although how he would communicate with us while negotiating a new job is hard to imagine. I’m glad he was our manager but I was becoming more and more convinced he’d run his course - so I won’t be losing sleep over his leaving. 

13 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

it was only a week or so ago that he was smiling saying do I look happy? do I look settled?

That's half the reason I don't watch pressers or post match interviews.

It's all generic, box-ticking nonsense.  

If Gerrard turned down bigger wages at Villa, he'd be off his rocker, in my opinion.

Trips to Anfield and Old Trafford or trips to Fir Park and the Piggery - not exactly a tough choice. 

19 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

but it was only a week or so ago that he was smiling saying do I look happy? do I look settled? slimy!!.

It was 3 weeks ago and it was in relation to the Newcastle job. He answered the question honestly at that time and dealt with the press the way he should deal with them when they are asking questions like that. The Villa offer came in weeks after that and just because he took it it doesn’t mean he was dishonest on October 21st. I can understand Celtic fans being all over that but I find it weird the way Rangers fans are going on about it. 

8 minutes ago, DMAA said:

It was 3 weeks ago and it was in relation to the Newcastle job. He answered the question honestly at that time and dealt with the press the way he should deal with them when they are asking questions like that. The Villa offer came in weeks after that and just because he took it it doesn’t mean he was dishonest on October 21st. I can understand Celtic fans being all over that but I find it weird the way Rangers fans are going on about it. 

A week or so ago I said, forgive my lack of accuracy on that!.

I'm a Rangers fans and I'm not weird! he jumped ship, simples!.

I will always remember SG for doing a runner, quite simple really, I can't understand Rangers fans who think it's ok and wishing him all the best!.

17 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

That's half the reason I don't watch pressers or post match interviews.

It's all generic, box-ticking nonsense.  

If Gerrard turned down bigger wages at Villa, he'd be off his rocker, in my opinion.

Trips to Anfield and Old Trafford or trips to Fir Park and the Piggery - not exactly a tough choice. 

I'm sure he needs the bigger wages! but I agree Scottish football is shit, yet we al still by season tickets and follow follow.