Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

1 hour ago, Bill said:

first convenient and palatable opportunity

Correct. I think that’s what I was trying to say. He would have gone to ‘Spurs if he’d been invited but not, for example, Brighton or Palace. It’s a risk for him but he must think the risk of finishing second to celtic is greater.

Just now, Scott7 said:

Correct. I think that’s what I was trying to say. He would have gone to ‘Spurs if he’d been invited but not, for example, Brighton or Palace. It’s a risk for him but he must think the risk of finishing second to celtic is greater.

It would be a sobering thought if it turned out his assessment was that he didn't think he could hold off Celtic's challenge. 

19 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Lille offered us £16.5m and we turned it down. I said on here that day that we better have a plan if we’re turning that down but we didn’t and they walked away and we won’t get anything like that for him now. 

and we stopped ten in a row winning the 55. 

1 hour ago, Ted McMinnime said:

Surely if Gerrard is interested in taking any of our players he knows the market price and Villa will have to stump up.

Yes but he also knows what release causes might be in place and use this to get our players at low prices.

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm sure Van Bronckhorst is on the list of potential candidates but some of the stuff online is just utter cack.

Probably but at least it's more interesting than being linked with Russell Martin ?