Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

Yeah, it’s a strange one.  As much as probably none of us wanted to see SG leave, it can’t be disputed that the team hasn’t been firing on all cylinders this season…. A change may be exactly what we needed anyway, despite not wanting it.

17 hours ago, ian1964 said:

A week or so ago I said, forgive my lack of accuracy on that!.

I'm a Rangers fans and I'm not weird! he jumped ship, simples!.

I will always remember SG for doing a runner, quite simple really, I can't understand Rangers fans who think it's ok and wishing him all the best!.

Did you feel the same way about Souness? I felt betrayed by him at the time but I don't feel the same way about Gerrard.

20 hours ago, compo said:

Sitting here looking at some of the comments of our former manager onsocial media and these mugs should be ashamed to call themselves Rangers fans in my opinion they are no better than the mob across the city .

I wonder if any of these guys got offered a job at a much bigger salary would they knock it back 

I dont have a a problem with him leaving but the manner in which conducted himself  left a bitter taste in many mouths, including mine.  I found it dispicable that he didnt even tell the players face to face.   His actions reek of self importance and selfishness.  He enjoyed the unequivocal support from the club who took a very big chance taking him on in the first place and even more so from the fans from day one,  something ill wager he wont enjoy in his lifetime again.   Hell find out very quickly at villa if he doesnt turn things round very fast.   

The fans have every right to be angry.

6 hours ago, craig said:

Yeah, it’s a strange one.  As much as probably none of us wanted to see SG leave, it can’t be disputed that the team hasn’t been firing on all cylinders this season…. A change may be exactly what we needed anyway, despite not wanting it.

Looking at the bigger picture i reckon gerrard knew he was going to villa long before the weekend.  I dont believe for a minute that this all happened since sunday.   It may even  explain our form this season.  The good thing is there are options out there,  much better that i imagined.  Gattuso vanbronchurst or even shota arveladze.   Ill take any of the three.

25 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I felt betrayed by Souness, and while that feeling has largely gone, it hasn't completely. 

However Souness did offer to stay until the end of the session and Souness didn't take the whole background staff. 

What Gerrard has done is far worse than Souness. I understand why he has done it, but that doesn't take away my resentment, because he has shafted the club due to the timing. 

See what you mean but you can't compare Beale to Walter; the latter had a firm commitment to Rangers. I always expected SG to leave but never saw Souness doing it - he also claimed Liverpool were bigger than Rangers which was demonstrably untrue at the time if not now. Timing of a departure is not always in a manager's hands.