Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

4 hours ago, CammyF said:

I didn't say you did.

His leaving doesn't impact the club any more or less than the last manager who left during a season, or the one before him, or the ones before that. He isn't the first and won't be the last Rangers manager to leave during a season.

Who were the other Rangers managers that voluntarily left during a season? 

7 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Diddums.

Stop playing the victim. 

Managers leave--with their backroom staff--all the time. We'll be fine.

Quite frankly, I think we'll be better off, because we've been p*sh this season. If we were still plodding along the way we've been going, we would have been in trouble after December - and everyone would be calling for SG and his backroom staff to go. 

If something comes out that paints it in a different light, I'll put my hands up. Until then, it's conspiracy nonsense. It seems to be coming from those that least wanted him to go. They've gone a full 180. 

I agree with the last point: I too don't care what happens to him now. I'm grateful for what he's done, and now he's moved on. It was always going to happen. My focus is on my club. 

I don't see that being frustrated about Gerrard leaving and stripping the club almost all backroom staff means that you're playing the victim. 

When do Rangers managers voluntarily leave with their backroom staff? 

We're top of the league, still with a great chance of getting out the European group stage and our next game is a SF, and yet we've been "pish" and if we carried on like we have been everyone would be calling for Gerrard to go?  Who is coming up with conspiracy nonsense? 

If you feel that we are better off with Gerrard leaving, why weren't you calling for his sacking? 

45 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I don't see that being frustrated about Gerrard leaving and stripping the club almost all backroom staff means that you're playing the victim. 

When do Rangers managers voluntarily leave with their backroom staff? 

We're top of the league, still with a great chance of getting out the European group stage and our next game is a SF, and yet we've been "pish" and if we carried on like we have been everyone would be calling for Gerrard to go?  Who is coming up with conspiracy nonsense? 

If you feel that we are better off with Gerrard leaving, why weren't you calling for his sacking? 

I think so. 

Souness? Advocaat resigned, but he 'went upstairs'. Didn't McLeish have to bring his own backroom staff in, like Watson? I can't recall, though. PLG? Warburton did, taking the best in the business. But I didn't say Rangers managers leave with the backroom staff, but managers generally. Managers have their own backroom staff nowadays, so I don't think we should be so hurt about that aspect of it. I agree it leaves us in the lurch a wee bit, but like I said, Managers have their own team nowadays, so I suspect if they remained in place they'd be replaced with the new manager's team anyway, and have to be paid off. 

I believe if we carried on the way we've been playing, we would have dropped a lot of points over December, yes. That's not conspiracy, merely speculation and projection.

I was hopeful he could turn our form around. I've been quite clear that I've been disappointed and bored with our performances this season; I've posted such a few times.