Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I think far too much is read into the fact they both managed in Scandinavia, as if that denominator somehow cements an undefined mysterious commonality. The idea that because Potter has recently been moderately successful at a higher level in England somehow means Knutsen will be too is a bit too facile for me.

The same goes the other way. You stated that this guy could be our Ronny Delia. That is equally facile. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

Just now, gisabeer said:

The silence is deafening from the club.  Not impressed by their lack of communication over the whole affair.

What do you expect? A minute by minute update on discussions related to a new manager? IMO, this has been planned for a while. It's too coincidental that this all happens during an international break. 

1 minute ago, gisabeer said:

The silence is deafening from the club.  Not impressed by their lack of communication over the whole affair.

It is quite disconcerting but personally I prefer to wait for the final outcome rather than be fed snippets.

As far as the Gerard thing I feel that the club has suffered a "poaching" for Gerard with him actually having,more than likely,talks over a longer period.

Having admired him I now abhor him,but him being nearer family gives me some comfort.